Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 05:14:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sinking Pet Glitch  (Read 14491 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Pcsimluver66

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2006, 09:21:37 am »

I had the same problem and deleted the house as well as the hacks and am slowly in the process of putting them back in. I do not know which it was but, I got ticked and started the family all over again.

I must say that I also had a problem where I could not place a door or window and with that I deleted all of the hacks as well. The programs that they have out did not find the problem so other than doing as one site suggest and that was remove the hacks and put them in a different area and then input them back in the game one at a time which is totally time consuming when you have hundreds I just deleted and only put in ones that I totally trust now.

Good luck in your search for an answer for as stated I had to delete mine
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2006, 05:05:47 pm »

Problem Solved!

I removed all my 200 behavior modification hacks, then split the folders in half repeatedly and put them back in the downloads folder and restarted the game until I found the file.  It turned out to be one file, and of course it was the last folder (smile to myself).  It didn't take terribly long to find it.

Squinge of Inseminator has done hundreds of fabulous hacks.  I got the idea how to solve the problem from a sticky on his site where he lists the ones that conflict with Sims2 Pets (see below for conflicts).  

Thanks everyone for your input.

http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=26075

http://www.insimenator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=152
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 05:13:13 pm by vita4all » Logged

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
Pigsrule90

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2007, 11:23:47 pm »

For some reasons my dog, whenevre I am not controlling her, she stops moving and basically sinks into the ground. My sims can not interact with her and she does not move at all unless I control her too. This only happens on residential lots. When I went to a community lot there was not problem. I already tried uninstalling my hacks but that did not work. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreaciated. I am also attaching pictures of the problem so you can see what I am talking about.

* MTS2_482149_Ding318K_Pictures.rar (413.4 KB - downloaded 131 times.)
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2007, 12:26:57 pm »

I know that there was a problem with an old version of Squinge's community lot sleeping hack that caused this issue.

But recently I am seeing many complaints of this from people with absolutely no custom content.  It appears to be a game-bug.

Quote from: Littlelo
If your pet sinks into the ground try using the "maxmotives" cheat, that seems to pop them back out. Hope Maxis patches soon!

Quote from: amjoie
The only time my pets sink is if they want to use an object another pet is using. Instead of the "waving arms-stomping feet" thing, they just sink into the ground. I think maybe they might be missing an animation for "frustration" at not being able to use an "in use" object.

By the way, if you have four food dishes all filled, they will still sink into the floor next to the one food dish some other pet is using. Ditto with the pet beds. No matter how many you have, the pet will sink into the floor next to the occupied bed rather than bothering itself to find another empty pet bed.

Modders are aware the "pet ownership" code in the game is messed up. Give it a little bit, and someone will have a fix for this.

Quote from: kampffenhoff
A friend of mine had the sinking pets scenario. He took out the hacks sit on floor to watch TV ,objects-floating-aspiration plus sleep on community lots and it was fixed.

Quote from: jinyc
I had the sinking phenom one day only. I took out the old community sleeping hack and I haven't seen it since. Squinge has since updated the hack to PETS compatibilty, which is now in my game, and, happily, I am not seeing the pet sink hole.

As you can see there are lots of possible causes and solutions.  I know that from time to time the game (but most especially Pets EP) gets confused about the Z-axis position of things (distance from ground) - a foundation, stage, deck, swim in the pool, or anything that involves a change in elevation will start the bug.  Some mods aggrivate this bug, some make it happen constantly; but in the final analysis it is a Maxis-made foobar-bug that will require a patch by Maxis/EA to fix completely.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
mvanlaar2

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 11:45:53 am »

Hi Squinge,  Sorry for being a nuisance whilst you are busy but I just wonder if you know if one of your mods could possibly be causing the pets to sometimes sink into the ground.  I have disabled the ones you said to disable but I don't want to get rid of them all as they are so useful. I only ever get my mods/hacks from you.
Serafina

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2006, 11:47:35 am »

Do you have the inteen or the insim installed?
Or did you at any point have them?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've never been the kind to ever let my feelings show
And I thought that bein' strong meant never losin' your self-control
But I'm just drunk enough to let go of my pain
To hell with my pride, let it fall like rain
From my eyes Tonight I wanna cry
[/COLOR]
mvanlaar2

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2006, 11:52:04 am »

No I never had the inteen or anything else other than squinges mods.  except I do download stuff like game objects etc from other sites.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 12:09:24 pm »

Someone else reported this same problem without any hacks installed, it may be a maxis bug.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
mvanlaar2

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 12:13:39 pm »

Ok thanks Squinge.
Maybe they will bring out a patch for it!
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2006, 12:14:25 pm »

Your welcome Smiley

If you have a question about my mods post it here
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2007, 12:34:27 pm »

Administrative note: combined several threads on the same topic

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pigsrule90

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2007, 01:22:48 pm »

Yeah, it all the suddens happens if you are not interacting with the pet.  It's like the pets have no 'free will' and they just sink and are stuck there.  Yeah know, I am gonna try remove all the hacks again.  Maybe it will miracoulsly work this time.  It is so strange because before none of my hacks caused this problem.
adammc80

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2007, 12:37:15 am »

I thought it might have been due to a hack so I removed all my hacks and it still happened. Then, I removed my whole downloads folder and... it still happened. Must be a Maxis thing. Hope they fix it. It wasn't happening to me until I installed seasons though. There must be a conflict with seasons and pets or something. Hopefully they can fix it with a patch or something. It's like the infamous jump bug all over again, but with pets.
Elyasis

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2007, 03:34:13 pm »

Quote from: adammc80;634808
I thought it might have been due to a hack so I removed all my hacks and it still happened. Then, I removed my whole downloads folder and... it still happened. Must be a Maxis thing. Hope they fix it. It wasn't happening to me until I installed seasons though. There must be a conflict with seasons and pets or something. Hopefully they can fix it with a patch or something. It's like the infamous jump bug all over again, but with pets.

Same with me.. I didn't get it until I installed Seasons EP.

I get the jump bug too.. Creepy children floating mid air over your bed.. it's enough to scare anyone! But at least that one doesn't kill things or make it impossible to play the game correctly..
Zirconia Wolf

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2007, 09:51:23 am »

Quote from: Elyasis;711842
Same with me.. I didn't get it until I installed Seasons EP.

I get the jump bug too.. Creepy children floating mid air over your bed.. it's enough to scare anyone! But at least that one doesn't kill things or make it impossible to play the game correctly..

Me three!

I never saw a single "in-ground" pet untill after I installed Seaons. Thankfully it doesn't stop the game or anything (the pet in question just popped right back out) it was just strange.

I'm also glad to know that the floating kid thing isn't just happening to me.

Like you said, at least it doesn't blow up the game or anything!

As long as my game "corrects itself" (i.e. doesn't blow up) I can happily live with a few quirks!

-ZW

*** Self-Proclaimed leader of the MoonBats! ***
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: