Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:27:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pie Menu Shuffling - Possible?  (Read 1111 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
rwills

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2008, 08:03:31 pm »

With lots (probably too many!) of custom foods now downloaded and available within my game, a question:

Is there a method (or a tool) to re-arrange the order in which items show up in the pie menu?

For example, when choosing 'Make Many--Group Meals' the foods more or less show up in order of installation - newest to oldest to Maxis.

Would prefer to be able to arrange them, for example, into meal order -- soups and salads (as many clicks of 'More' as it takes to get through allof those) then main dishes/full meals (again, I realize it will take re-clicking 'More' to get through them all), then desserts (ditto on the 'More' thing), just to make it a tad more efficient in finding a particular item.

Even if there is a way to re-arrange only the order of menu appearance of custom items and not Maxis items, that would be helpful, too.

If anyone might be thinking of mentioning Delphy's organizer - well, it has never worked for me. It throws error messages and crashes any time I 've tried to run it.

Mucho thanks in advance for any assistance.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 10:13:38 pm »

Just from watching the variation in the order of the menu options with no custom foods, and given that the fridge food choices is dynamic. I'd say it's next to impossible to put any organization into that menu.  The only way it might work is to modify each of the custom foods to place them in an additional tier of menus.  And that's only a "might".  Good luck trying to get the food creators to agree on what those menus should be if it's possible.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: