Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 10:57:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying clothes  (Read 3747 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Spoonbender

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2007, 06:53:02 am »

I have a problem with buying and applying clothes. If I want to buy underwear that I have bought as nightwear before, it is not possible, because there is the wardrobe icon.
When I come back home, I can use only the category I bought, not the other one. That is, I have the option to change my nightwear, but not my underwear (since I havent bought underwear).

Can you tell me, what I did wrong? Ty
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 06:55:18 am »

It sounds like a hack may be causing that problem.

Have you tried the sims 2 hack conflict detection utility? to check for a possible mod conflict.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 10:46:06 am »

older versions of InSIMenator caused a similar problem - what version do you have?

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Spoonbender

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 12:23:37 pm »

I checked for mod conflicts and removed two files - the problem still exists.

I don't know, what you mean by "version of InSIMinator"... I haven't dl something called InSIMinator. Should I?
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 12:25:22 pm »

Are you using any dresser hacks?

Spoonbender

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 12:35:19 pm »

Not that I know.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 12:50:34 pm »

What do you mean by "I want to buy underwear that I have bought as nightwear before, it is not possible"?

If you already bought it then it won't let you buy it again, the wardrobe icon means your sim already owns that outfit.

Spoonbender

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 07:49:22 pm »

So the problem is, that I cannot use the clothes as underwear or whatever. They can only be used as casual.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 07:57:26 pm »

Yes if you are seeing a wardrobe icon it means your sim already owns that outfit Smiley

Spoonbender

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 09:28:34 pm »

I know. But how can I use it as underwear, swimwear etc? It was meant to be all kinds of clothes... But I can only use it as casual.
Petco

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 10:38:51 am »

Click "Plan outfit" then click on what category you want to change the clothes for, then select the clothes you want your sim to wear each time they dress for that.

Also are you asking if you're able to change the "bottoms" of the nightwear with the underwear you bought? (I am not sure) you can't combine any "bottoms" or "tops" with any "whole piece clothes". For example, swim wear are just "whole piece" so you can't combine any "bottoms" or "tops" with the swim wear because the swim wear itself is the whole thing.

So if you're asking why you're not able to switch the "bottom" part of a nightwear or something, it may be because that nightwear is a whole piece and not seperate into two parts(tops and bottoms).

Off topic:

Speaking of outfit categories, is there any way to "expand" the categories? Like, if I wanted to add more categories to the dressing so I don't always have to click "plan outfit" to change into that specific outfit, is it possible?

Also, another question - For the "plan outfit" thing, it allows you to change clothes for any that you "obtained" right? And obtaining clothes can be done by either: 1. Buying the clothes, 2. Having a job that had those clothes, and 3. Downloading the clothes?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 10:47:48 am by Petco » Logged
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 10:58:40 am »

Petco, plan outfit is limited to what is in your dresser for a given category. If you purchase new clothes they will be added to whats available when you get home. However just because you downloaded something does not make it automatically available in dresser. If you are talking abut plan outfit in the boolprop cheats that is a whole different issue.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: