Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 02:25:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are skin tones needed for this to work?  (Read 6499 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Strias

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2007, 10:31:22 am »

So i downloaded a bunch of different sizes, have the mesh and the warlock(etc) stuff in my downloads folder, so i went to play the game and non of them were there. then I got to thinking, I didn't download any skin tones. And I'm wondering if this is why it's not working? And if so, where do i find them?

Thanks!
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 12:15:35 pm »

No, the skintones aren't required for the outfits, you just need those for your sims to keep their shapes when nude.  The outfits should all be self-contained, they each have a clothing file and a mesh file for each size/shape, and they should all be included in each set of outfits.

Make sure you extracted them to Downloads, and Custom Content is turned on in Options, and they should work fine.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
Strias

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 09:48:51 pm »

They are in my downloads, custon content is on, and it still doesn't work. Help please Sad

here is a thumbnail of my downloads folder, everything in working order?

* MESH.jpg (274.2 KB, 1024x819 - viewed 565 times.)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 10:07:11 pm by Strias » Logged
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 10:45:20 pm »

Hmm, everything looks correct, does any of your other custom stuff work, like InTeen and stuff?  Sometimes the game just flakes out and refuses to see custom stuff, you could try moving them to Saved Sims and load the game, and see if they appear... usually you can then move them back to Downloads and they're fine.  Game's weird like that sometimes.

Oh, one thing I do see though, is it looks like you have mostly teen stuff for full-body outfits, while the adult stuff is just some Bottom Separates... so make sure you're looking in the right categories/age groups for the outfits too.  Also, it looks like the adult bottoms you have installed are from the old series, you might want to get the newer ones in the Hi-Res section.  All the new ones are named like "MESH_afBottom_38_ShortSkirtShoes" and "Warlokk_afBottom_38_ShortSkirtShoes".  The old stuff is named all kinds of different stuff, I wasn't as organized when I started as I am now.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 10:48:22 pm by Warlokk » Logged

Strias

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 12:20:40 am »

Yes, inteen works fine. and would you point out a few of the older series please? As I'm not exactly sure which ones are the old stuff of yours or other content i've downloaded for something else. I'll check it out, but i don't want to remove some of my other things.

Thank you Smiley
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 08:48:21 am »

The stuff that's named "MESH_36in..." and "Warlokk_38in..." are from the old Bottoms set, before I settled on my naming convention.   There are newer and better versions in the Hi-Res section in the Bottom Separates set there, that are named more like "MESH_afBottom_36...", all my current stuff has the type of item it is first in the name (bottom, top, body) to make it easier to organize.

Strias

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 09:50:33 am »

okay, i'll go through and remove them and download a few more newer things. Thank you.

EDIT: Does Inteen conflict with this?

EDIT2: Does the location I have the Sims2 content saved on my computer have any reason for this?  The way i run my computer the Sims2 isn't saved in my documents. But under a subfolder of my computer. could this be the reason it's not working? I don't see why it would, but i dunno.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 07:33:41 pm by Strias » Logged
Strias

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 07:49:13 pm »

okay, it works now. I havn't changed anything. So Thanks. Smiley
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 09:09:10 pm »

LOL you'd be surprised how often that happens... things don't work for some weird unknown reason, then suddenly they do.  Ah well, glad you got it working... Cheesy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: