Insimenator.org
April 24, 2024, 10:07:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloads subfolders  (Read 2883 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
pinkpanthurpurr

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2007, 02:35:42 pm »

Ok well I'm trying to get ready for seasons since I get to get it tommorow! Yay!

I went through my downloads folder and categorized everything!  I put them all in folders inside the downloads folder.  I put the makeup in makeup, clothes in clothes, furniture in furniture, etc.    I played my game and everything was working fine but then I went to change appearance for my sim.  And all the CC makeup and hair were gone!!  Why?!?!  The furntiure and bulid stuff were still there!  But no makeup or hair!  Please help me!

Save the earth - its the only planet with chocolate.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 02:42:27 pm »

Your downloads folder needs to be Downloads, with the capital D in order for bodyshop type packages to show up.  Make sure you have it that way.  I believe if it's lower case, other objects will show up, mods will work, but everything that would be found in Bodyshop is missing.
pinkpanthurpurr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 03:02:25 pm »

It is Downloads, with a capital D.

pinkpanthurpurr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 03:11:41 pm »

I found it!

http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=46633

thanks ancient highway for trying though!

jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 03:13:23 pm »

Quote from: pinkpanthurpurr;633622
Ok well I'm trying to get ready for seasons since I get to get it tommorow! Yay!

I went through my downloads folder and categorized everything!  I put them all in folders inside the downloads folder.  I put the makeup in makeup, clothes in clothes, furniture in furniture, etc.    I played my game and everything was working fine but then I went to change appearance for my sim.  And all the CC makeup and hair were gone!!  Why?!?!  The furntiure and bulid stuff were still there!  But no makeup or hair!  Please help me!

The only items that can go into subfolders under the "Downloads" folder is "Careers" and "meshes". You need to take all the rest out of the new sub folders you made and put them back directly in the downloads folder.

"Pure art is not about the creator, its about the creation"
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 04:07:27 pm »

That is not completely true if at all jwilson.  I've got subfolders for everything, infact subfolders within subfolders, for example Downloads\Bodyshop\Makeup\Lips.

It has to do with what EPs you have installed.  I've had it this way for quite a while, I think since NL came out.  Base game only didn't allow subfolders.  From the link pink gave, Uni had limited support for subfolders.
cestmoi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 02:10:56 am »

I have also many subfolders in my Download folder and I don't have problems with the game or wirh bodyshop or simpe......work all great.....

CESTMOI
.............FANFAN

Nice to be here..........
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 02:36:15 pm »

subfolders are problematic, they hardly work the same in all versions of the game, and are totally unreliable since the cataloguer for custom content is shakey at the best of times.  whereas some few people NEVER have any problems, for many many others, using subfolders leads to a variety of errors arising from human error, duplicate files, or just plain old game bugs.

My official stance is : NEVER USE THE DAMNED THINGS!  The first thing Maxis/EA tech support will do is tell you to stop using them, so if this is their official policy, why does anyone continue to support the practice?

PS: the tutorial at MTS2 by Loverat is not only grossly out of date - but also has numerous inaccuracies and mind-boggling spelling errors :lol:

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 08:39:28 pm »

BBB......he he eh*PS: the tutorial at MTS2 by Loverat is not only grossly out of date - but also has numerous inaccuracies and mind-boggling spelling errors *
Just curious, what would Brother Raven think? rothlmao
And I thought it was just me that the far too numerous spelling errors made me so *argh*, that I wanted to mail that person a dictionary.

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 07:41:18 pm »

don't get me wrong - when it was written it was as best as could be stated; but since then so much has changed it qualifies as needing a re-write.  I adore LoveRat!  she is one my favourite evil admins ever *big hug to Loverat!*

I run on to things I have posted a year or more ago that are now all wrong, so I am not damning anyone for being out-of-date :lol:  and as for spelling errors - I but have to point to my own posts for the best examples of "mind-boggling spelling errors" to ever occur in the English language.

One that I can no longer find contained me using "yurslef" and some card firing back "yurslef? is that a russian name?"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 02:20:11 am by ~Marvine~ » Logged

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: