Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 02:20:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: best photo editing programs?  (Read 6088 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
psionexile

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2007, 07:57:10 pm »

The only image editing program I've ever really used is Windows Paint, and I'm quickly finding that it's good for resizing pics but can't easily do anything else--if it can do them at all.  What image editors do you use? Which one do you think is the best?

Thanks for ideas, psionexile
summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 09:29:29 pm »

photoshop, not because it's the best but because there are tons of tutorials out there that you will really learn from. Smiley

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
-Little-CJ-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 12:22:33 pm »

I use google picassa,
It makes cool collages so all your cool photo's go together and you can easily make a photo to introduce your story.

ashleigh goddard, babe your my everything, i couldn't want anyone else, after you. because baby looking in your eyes is like having a glimpse of heaven. 1/3/09 til forever i love you xxx
Envy_

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 12:32:40 pm »

PhotoShop for sure, ..
AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 01:29:17 pm »

Well, I don't have Photoshop, since it costs money, and I'm jus a poor schoolgoing girl.
A good replacement for Photoshop is GIMP. It has quite a lot of the same features as Photoshop, and is totally free. Cheesy

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

summer_wine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 07:06:12 pm »

albino, i'm having trouble downloading gimp, for some reason. my cousin wants it on her pc and the downloads page on their site is just confusing Sad

The Price of Redemption ~My Sim Story! Check it out!
Sweetgurl

Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 07:38:24 pm »

I have a photoshop program. It is not the advanced type that mostly everyone has; but it does have the basic assorted options. At first it seemed like it could do nothing, but I discovered alot more once I put forth some effort.

Also I would recommend GIMP, it is free..and has just about all the same options that a general photoshop program would have. I owned it a while ago, but un-installed it because of my ps program. But for those who wish to not pay for a fancy smanshy editing program, it would definetly be the software for you. Cheesy

AlbinoBambi

A.k.a. Ilse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 01:42:06 pm »

Quote from: summer_wine;636159
albino, i'm having trouble downloading gimp, for some reason. my cousin wants it on her pc and the downloads page on their site is just confusing Sad

The downloads page isn't the one you need. You need to pick either 'GIMP from Source', 'GIMP for Unix', 'GIMP for Windows' or 'GIMP for MacOSX'.
From there, there is only one that I understand *blush* and thats the one for Windows. If you go there, click the 'Automated installer', there you can pick which version you need. I think 'The GIMP for Windows (version 2.2.13, fixed installer)' is the one everyone needs, but I'm not totally sure.
Oh and, the Help package (scroll down) might come in handy too.
Good luck with it!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 03:54:16 pm by AlbinoBambi » Logged

Why can't life be like The Sims, where you can control someone with just one click?

Buffy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 04:33:14 am »

i have photoshop CS2 v 9 and corel paintshop pro v11, both have unique elements, I probably use photoshop more, but paintshop pro is quite easy to use and it has some really great effects.

Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 12:26:41 pm »

I also have the latest Photoshop, but I also have Paint.NET and an outdated copy of Micrografx Picture Publisher that came free with a scanner I bought years ago, which even now is good for things like painting with textures, something that's not as easy to do in PS, as well as other things. I've tried GIMP before, but TBH I've not got on too well with it, although I can tell you it was originally made for Linux and Unix systems Smiley

I didn't know about Picassa, I'll have to check that one out - might come in handy, thanks CJ Smiley

No requests please
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 09:21:41 pm »

My Photoshop came with my computer. But is the Phootoshop Elements 3
BloodPledge

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 03:33:20 am »

I use Photoshop CS2 for the effects (Seriously, brushes are my favorite things in the world!) and Fireworks MX for the cropping, brightening, resizing, sharpening, and saving. I've used Fireworks for a long time and I'm used to the layout. It also gives you more options when you save.

Blame the mimes, it's their fault.
JadeEliott

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 05:18:55 pm »

I like Serif's PhotoPlus. It's free and easy!

http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/default.asp

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: