Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 04:10:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scriptorium by Numenor  (Read 3045 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Paden
Admin

Great cat of NO mercy.

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2007, 06:55:11 pm »

Ok, some of you are going to look at this and think I'm a total doofus, but I don't play with mods or hacks in my game, mainly because I like to find out how stuff works for other folks before I try it. I found the Scriptorium by Numenor over at MTS 2 and wondered how it worked for people who have it in their game and if it is worthwhile to have. He has some stairs that need it to work and I have been thinking of adding the mod and objects to my game, but first I want to find out if anyone has had any trouble with it. I appreciate any and all feed back and thanks you in advance for your help and ideas.

I'm not a button, so DO NOT PUSH ME.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 07:17:48 pm »

Posted here with my permission.

If you have a question about my mods post it here
sysa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 07:28:18 pm »

I've had it in my game since it was released, and never had any problem with it. As far as I know, it's 'only' a workaround (but a pretty cool one!) at having to manually edit the text files that contain the data for modular stairs, fireplaces, etc, so if you are comfortable with those changes, that is, the actual items, it should be safe (and convenient) to use it. Oh, and I've been using some of the stairs that make use of it, and they all work fine.
Ambular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 03:33:08 pm »

I've only heard good things about it, but I don't use it personally because it seems over complicated compared to opening a text file and inserting a bit of stair or fireplace code.  :p

My Sims 2 Stuff:  Ambular's Artifacts | MATY
tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 09:14:46 am »

The Scriptorium works great.  I have used it since it was created.  The thing I like about it is the text file is already there for you from the creator.  You click on the shortcut in your downloads folder for the appropriate download (stair, fireplace, lighting, etc), it brings the correct folder up to move the provided text into.  If you delete a stair, fireplace, etc, all you need to do is to go into the appropriate folder and delete the text file instead of editing the maxi originals.  I think there is less chance of causing issues using the Scriptorium.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:17:46 am by tylersada » Logged

Sims Mommy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: