Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 09:46:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pools and Aging Problems...  (Read 3162 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Katami

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2007, 11:50:31 am »

Hi, I bought the Sims 2 Seasons a while ago (first day it came out, actually) and I've been having the hardest time understanding what is going on with the pool water. In the screenshots on The Sims 2 EA website, the water has a mirror reflection effect or something like it, but the water in my game is still as can be without any reflections or detail... I don't have fish in my ponds unless I use "boolprop UseShaders true" but, when I use that, the pool walls and floor tiles go wacky! I've had the floor tiles disappear with no chance of returning unless I turn the cheat off and the pool walls turn bright yellow and blue (and maybe red, but I can't remember all that well if red was one of the colors...) I don't think there's anything wrong with my graphics card, because it's rather new, but, at this point, I'm willing to take any advice and try anything to fix that problem. Now for the second problem . . . my sim mommy gave birth to three children via. Insimenator and she's had them all for about five days. Last time I checked, infants only stayed infants for three days. Did that change or something? I would think not . . . that's why I think there's definitely something wrong with my game. I had to use the Insimenator to get my sim pregnant as well as my pets, because, for some reason, they won't get pregnant naturally . . . I think I made my two sims "woohoo" like fifteen different times and not once did I hear the "baby" music. It was the same way with my pets. I made them "Try for Puppy with . . ." several times and never got anything. I just realized this, too but the puppies my pets had were born on the same day as the three infants. I've never paid attention to how long puppies stay as puppies, but they've been at that same age for five days or so. I understand the aging might be different for the pets, so I'm not really worried about the puppies' aging. I am going to check their age on the bar that should show how many days they have until they become adults and I'll post the results of that once I get a chance. I'm hoping someone can help me. Thanks for taking the time to read this and please tell me if you have any ideas on how to fix these problems; it will be much appreciated.

~Katami~
pinkpanthurpurr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 05:18:23 pm »

hmm.. have you made sure you turned your aging on?  thats the only thing I can think of for your aging problems...

Save the earth - its the only planet with chocolate.
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 06:06:32 pm »

Enter boolprop UseShaders true  while you are in the neighborhood view. It will not corrupt your pool tiles then.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 06:07:16 pm by billyd1000 » Logged

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
haleycobb9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 06:29:18 pm »

Check all of your hacks; it may be possible that something was included in a download and you didn't notice, or it may also be that one of your hacks wasn't compatible with Seasons. When I first got Pets, I had to delete almost all of my hacks because my sims wouldn't even move when I told them to. New expansion packs can be problematic to the Insim community, lol...!

Good luck!
<3 haley

Best friends, ex-friends to the end
Better off as lovers and not the other way around
Racing through the city, windows down
In the back of yellow checkered cars!!
~Fall Out Boy, "Bang The Doldrums"
Katami

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 06:59:21 pm »

Thanks, billyd, I'll try that ^_^ and, pinkpantherpurr, I never even knew I could turn the aging off without using a cheat and I didn't use a cheat, so I don't think that was the case. I recently removed a hack that I had put in my game around the time the aging stopped, so I'm going to see if that changes anything. If it does change anything, then I'll probably tell Squinge about it, because it was his no auto howling hack. I really hope that's not it, because Squinge's hacks are some of the best around. Thanks for the helps, guys.
Katami

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 02:31:47 pm »

Well, I guessed right. Once I removed Squinge's no howl hack, the babies and the puppies started aging again as well as my adult sims. I'm going to go post about this under the thread I found the hack in. Hopefully no one else was having the same problem as myself.
Katami

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 09:51:42 am »

Hmm... I used the "boolprop UseShaders true" cheat when I was in the nieghborhood and, when I loaded a lot, the pool tiles were still corrupt... do you know of any other way to fix it perhaps?
Katami

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 11:39:51 pm »

I've tried using boolprop UseShaders true several times before loading a lot and the pool still screws up. Does anybody know why that might be?
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 01:07:40 am »

Maybe your card just can't handle it? Just a guess.
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 04:06:41 am »

You probably have a Nvidia graphics card, right...?
Let's see...no ripples on water, no fish in fishtanks and ponds, flashing pools if you use the supposed fix "use shaders" and no snow transparency when you mouse over thick snow...??  If you answer yes to all of those - welcome to my world.  Its your graphics card.  Mine is also rather new and supposedly compatible with the game...its not. I've emailed EA to include a fix in their patches, but no such luck.  Oh well.
Katami

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 01:18:04 pm »

Wow, Tomkat, you guessed my graphics card correctly ^_^" ... man, that's not fair. Maybe I should get a different graphics card... ah, maybe not. I can live without a reflective pool and some fish in my pond as long as I can still have my sims swim and fish, which isn't a problem. Thanks for the help, I'll look into different graphic cards and see if there are any worth trying from this point.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: