Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 01:57:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: update custom content  (Read 2421 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Dizi

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2007, 02:11:13 pm »

Is there some way to update all the custom fridges and dressers? I don't want to have all this stuff that isn't fully functional in my game but don't want to get rid of it because its part of a set. Even the Coke-a-Cola fridge from Maxis doesn't have all the Season's stuff available to it.

Goodness! I just realized finding the files for dressers and fridges would be almost impossible! I have almost 10gigs worth of downloads in one HUGE folder! Maybe I really should just delete the older custom content. Sad
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 02:31:36 pm »

I guess you won't have a choice unless you can update them 1 by 1 using SimPe.

I have no idea how to update them though so don't ask me. :lol:
baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 08:48:40 pm »

I'm keeping mine in the game with the hopes that someone more intelligent than me can figure it out. LOL

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 09:44:44 pm »

LOL, I'm hoping someone who knows LOTS more about this sort of thing than me will share the wealth Wink
~dizi

Thanks to everybody who submits their work, you've made my game so wonderful sometimes I can't STAND it!
My X-Men fanfiction can be found here and pics of my X-Men and other sims here (everythings under 'scraps')
MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 10:13:54 am »

Sorry but there is no way to make a global mod that will affect all your cc fridges.  It was requested before for fridge and dresser and it cannot be done, the original maker must be the one that updates it.

You actually have 3 options, keep an eye on the site where you got it and hope they will update it, delete the non-working fridge, or do it yourself with Sim-Pe.

Sorry, I wish there was other ways but there is none. Sad
Dizi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 12:12:47 pm »

Alright, I suppose I'm willing to learn for the really good ones. How do I find out how to do it myself? Is there something to tell me the name of the file? I saw something once to find out the name of a lot but have never before looked into objects because I (in general) have no interest in creating my own custom content. I'm guessing there's a tutorial or something out there, however I would have no clue as to how to find one and all I want to do is update these few things.
~dizi

baileybop
Squinge Is My Mastah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 10:16:12 pm »

I'm really not sure about this, but............MTS2 has a lot of tutorials on just about everything. Most people refer to them for that kind of thing. TSR also has tutorials, but I haven't looked at them lately so I think the best place to start is at MTS2.

I stalk...... oh no, I mean I worship the Hack_Mastah, Squinge :worship:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: