Insimenator.org
May 01, 2024, 03:06:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Some Info On University.....  (Read 2093 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nappyluvin

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2007, 06:27:48 am »

Hey Guys,

Sorry if I am in the wrong thread but I couldn't find a section for this , even in University FAQ. I have a student sim that got another one pregnant . Even though it was hard to raise a kid and stay in school, they did it. They have now graduated and want to move out and start their lives as a family. Problem is no matter what I do I can't seem to move them to another neigborhood because they do not appear anywhere in the bin except for Academie Le Tour , I have been trying to move them to Riverblossom or Pleasantville. Is there anyway to do this or are they supposed to stay on a college lot . I hope this isn't too stupid of a question. Could someone help please ,thanx.
boeketjebloemen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 06:42:30 am »

I think there is no way to move a uni family to a normal neighbourhood (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
The only way I can see that you can do this is: Have one of the parents move back to the neighbourhood (the one that your uni is attatched to) when both parents have graduated. Let him/her move into a house, then use insim to summon the other parent and the kid. Ask the other parent to move in, and if I'm correct, the kid should move in as well. So, now you have your family in the normal neighbourhood, and you can move them to other neighbourhoods throught he lots & houses bin.
I've never tried this myself, so I'd suggest you test it with another family first to make sure it works.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 06:45:25 am by boeketjebloemen » Logged

:bunny:Climbing up from Moo-Bunny status:bunny:
SkeleBear

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 09:18:24 am »

My wife just had a similar problem and resolved it this way:

She moved one 'parent' to the new neighborhood first, and then moved the other in with them (it's called "merging families").

Boeketjebloemen's suggestion should also work, so now you have some choices! LOL

nappyluvin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 05:45:01 pm »

Oh oh , I tried the suggestions and now I have another problem . I had my sim call on the phone and it said move back to.... , so I moved her and now when I look in the bin I can't find her anywhere. She's gone. I think I'm doing something wrong. Any suggestions on what to do now? I might have to delete the rest of the family and try again.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 01:30:02 am »

With families at the university you don't move them from one neighborhood to another as you do normal families.

Any adult who was a student must use the phone option Move Back to Neighborhood, where Neighborhood is the hood the University is associated with.  This will move the former student only unless there are children or younger that would be left stranded on the lot with no teen or older supervision.  So in the case of two former students, the first would move back alone, and the second with any children.  As teens can live on their own, they are not included in the move outs.

Once the former student is in the new neighborhood, a phone call and proposal to move in will get the rest of the family.

Now your current problem...
Are you looking in the appropriate neighborhood?  The graduate will not be in the University Sim Bin.

If you're looking in the right place, enter any occupied lot in that neighborhood and use InSimenator to summon and add to family the missing sim.  Then have the sim move out and he or she goes into the Sim Bin.
nappyluvin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 05:04:04 pm »

Yeah, as a matter of fact , after looking in Pleasantview Bin, which is where she came from, I looked in the others just to make sure and she's gone. Trippy huh? I'll try the summon thing and see what happens . Thanx so much for your help and I'll keep you posted.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: