Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 09:06:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which bodyshape to load for beginner?  (Read 8895 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cari4003

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2007, 08:45:40 am »

I love your shapes and sizes.  What I need to know is what to download (which set) to begin.  I see some are outdated.  I would like all the shapes and sizes and clothing to go with.  Not sure where to begin.  Don't want a lot of stuff in downloads that doesn't work with other stuff.

Thanks.

Host: rp thread, College Campus, make a character and come play the university life.
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 01:53:59 pm »

This is honestly best going to be answered by Warlokk, himself, since this is his project. But speaking from a user, and not a mesher, if his latest creations had come out first I'd have started using them first and moved on to the rest later on. The Classic Pin-up, Power Girl, Renaissance Girl, and Fashion Model are great meshes and a great way to get used to new bodyshapes as they are all one piece'ers. His original work can get a bit complicated for those that are just starting out. One thing to always pay attention to is to always use the correct skintone His earlier works consist of both full bodyshapes and tops and bottoms as well. So it can get both confusing and frustrating if you don't have all the content you think you'll need, or at least all the sources to download from.

But that's all just my personal opinion/preference, I'll leave it to Warlokk himself to fill you in on what you'd need to know. After all, it's his work. Wink
Warlokk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 05:13:14 pm »

Actually I think I'll have to agree there... the single-shape stuff I've made recently is a lot less complicated than the huge Hi-Res Bodyshape set.  However if you want the whole kit&kaboodle, start in the Hi-Res Bodyshape section and just download everything that has "Release" in the subject that you're interested in.  This section is the old original series, and everything in it has been replaced and drastically improved upon, I only leave it here for historical reference, really.  Oh, and the Hi-Res skintones and nudes are at the adult site, due to their rather explicit nature.

Be sure to stop by Warlokk's Tower Workshop to see what's new!
Need help with the Bodyshape Sets? Bodyshape How-To Tutorial
cari4003

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 05:56:02 pm »

ok great I'll start there.  Thanks.

Host: rp thread, College Campus, make a character and come play the university life.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 04:11:06 pm »

One of the best things to do is to go to the "Complete Bodyshape Catalog" listed in Warlokk's siggy.  Pick out the size you want, then just download the files for that size.  The named sizes are easiest in that respect!

Sometimes you have to get multisize files, like the "complete nude collection."  Just unzip it, install the bits you want, delete the rest, burn the archive to CD so you don't waste Eric and Kathy's bandwidth everytime you want to add a new size.

Files that everyone wants, unless they're hiding under a rock:
jwilson5's default skin replacements
The 34bdef nude top and 34 nude bottom from that huge nude file I mentioned

Now all your Simmies will look hot in the shower, even the ones that haven't been customized!

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
RitoruBushi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 08:14:56 pm »

Quote from: miros1;844373
Files that everyone wants, unless they're hiding under a rock:
jwilson5's default skin replacements

Do those skin tones have tattoos, body piercings, or lighter parts then others that look like the skin is plastic? I can't find clean, smooth, human looking skin tones for any of Warlokk's bodyshapes except for what Warlokk himself puts out with his meshes.
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 06:58:18 am »

Quote from: RitoruBushi;844669
Do those skin tones have tattoos, body piercings, or lighter parts then others that look like the skin is plastic? I can't find clean, smooth, human looking skin tones for any of Warlokk's bodyshapes except for what Warlokk himself puts out with his meshes.

jwilson5's skin conversions are great.  The default replacements have no tattoos or piercings or lighter parts or plastic/oily appearance.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: