Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:37:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sims lose faces and skin since installing Seasons - see photo  (Read 1747 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
vita4all

View Profile WWW
« on: March 26, 2007, 08:52:36 am »

Since installing Seasons, I've had a major slowdown/lag in the game, but worse, this is what happens within minutes of playing:

The neighborhood and buying clothes also get this look shortly after the sim will lose his face or skin.

I've pulled out the hacks I could find but suspect some are mixed in with the gazillion clothes , careers, walls, windows, floors, etc.   Does this look like a video game card issue? I thought I saw a program that specifically identifies hacks that conflict, and if anyone knows who did that or where I could find it, I could try it out.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

For a few nice downloads, visit our site, http://gangstersims.com.
tumle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 09:42:04 am »

i'm sorry to hear about your problems since installing the seasons ep. i wish i could help you by figuring out what makes your game behave the way it does. but i can help pointing you to a thread regarding the hack conflict detection utility :happy8:

squinge's post here might help: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=13633

i hope everything works out for you! crossing my fingers :smile:
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 10:15:20 am »

vita4all - do you have a lighting mod installed?  or maybe a custom make-up or beard?  I have had the face go to solid black somethimes with these.

Maybe an item of jewelry? like earrings or a choker?

I have had the face go weird when I have tampered with the age using InSIMenator or used the "independent teen" in conjunction with the stetchskeleton cheat.  But usually i see brilliant blue and floating in the wrong place when this happens.

There are obvious problems with some video cards and the Seasons EP that only driver updates will correct or maybe a bug-fix patch by EA/Maxis

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: