Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:17:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with game crashing  (Read 5616 times)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic.
Illusion-xx

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2007, 02:38:48 pm »

Sorry if this is already a topic.

I've just recently installed Seasons on my computer, and when I go to run it, when it gets to the loading screen it stops and makes an 'error' noise, and I have to go back to my desktop where there's a blank error message that closes The Sims. It also does that if I try to skip the intro as well. Does anyone know what's causing this?
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 01:11:32 am »

My guess is you've got a mod or mesh that's stopping the loading.  If you don't have Pets, you may have picked up something that requires Pets.  That happened a lot when Pets first came out.

The best way to find it is to remove ALL your CC, then put say all the meshes in (without textures, you can add those later) and try the game.  If it crashes on loading, you know you have a bad mesh and it's just a matter of sorting through those.

Once the meshes appear to be working, add your mods.  Same thing.  If the game crashes go through all the mods till you find the problem.
Illusion-xx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 04:24:38 am »

I have the Pets expansion, so that shouldn't be a problem. And I tried taking out all of my downloads but it hasn't made a difference.
nyxx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 11:21:43 am »

It seems I have a similar problem.  I have NL, GL and Seasons.  It ran for about 10 times then just started crashing.  I get the first splash screen then about 10 seconds later it crashes.  I have tried removing my whole download folder and it still crashes.

What was weird was that for a short while I was able to start and run the game by reinserting the disc every time.  For a while it would only crash if I clicked on the desktop icon, now it crashes no matter what I do.

The last thing I did in game was to move the Greenman family to another neighborhood.

Will I have to uninstall and reinstall the game?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:27:15 am by nyxx » Logged
Illusion-xx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 01:37:33 pm »

I tried that, but it didn't make a difference for me.
chancey137

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 07:02:29 pm »

I've had the same problem with crashes you have to make sure all file and folders are removed from your computer even the hidden ones.  This worked for me. After you have done this reinstall.  I also use clean installer.  When my game crashes and I can't play because of a bad mesh, I go through all the ones that were last install and remove them.  This also has worked for me.
Illusion-xx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 02:50:02 pm »

Would I have to un-install/re-install the whole game and all of the expansion packs?
Xylune

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 05:59:23 pm »

I discovered that my graphics card is to blame for my crashing problems.  Seasons added some resource heavy features, and some video cards that were previously able to handle TS2 are now incapable with Seasons.  I don't know what kind of card you've got, so I can't tell you if this is your problem or not.

Another thing you could do is clean your files.  You pick up a lot of temporary junk on the internet, even with spyware protection.  Some of it is even hidden.  This tool will clean out all those hidden, useless files that can clog your system:

http://www.ccleaner.com/

I love it, it's fast, simple and I use it each night before turning my machine off.  It has helped my performance a lot.

Good luck with your problem.

Visit my site for original fantasy fiction (Warning: my stories include male/male romance)
Beyond the Ninth Wave
Illusion-xx

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 12:09:26 am »

I checked, and I don't think my graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce FX5500) is compatable with Seasons.
CynaraBlade

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 01:00:51 am »

I have a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 card installed on my machine as well, and so far I haven't noticed any adverse effects with that card and the Seasons EP. I believe it is one of the cards listed in the readme which are meant to be compatible with Seasons.

:blob6:
Illusion-xx

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 11:52:28 pm »

So it is. I've tried cleaning my computer and everything but it just wont work. Any other suggestions? :sad5:
carlymichelle

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 12:27:16 am »

Quote from: Illusion-xx;649980
So it is. I've tried cleaning my computer and everything but it just wont work. Any other suggestions? :sad5:

first of all can you post your computer specs that may help?
Illusion-xx

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 12:42:39 am »

Erm how do I find that?
carlymichelle

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 01:42:31 am »

Quote from: Illusion-xx;650028
Erm how do I find that?

type   dxdiag in start menu run and that will bring up  all your computer specs just take a screenshot of it for example here are mine

also you can save the details as well

* ScreenShot001.jpg (198.08 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 121 times.)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 02:04:38 am by carlymichelle » Logged
Illusion-xx

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 01:47:36 am »

I think that's it?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: