Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 08:48:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My pet's won't eat  (Read 1989 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
tiffanytiffany

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2007, 08:32:24 am »

They are starving but won't eat

I have put 5 food bowls in the house and they won't eat

I can only feed them by giving them a treat

I have downloaded the patch too

please help
Elven_Ranger
Creator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 09:15:42 am »

check that you food bowls are facing out into the room, it looks no dfferent to us, but my pets will only eat if the bow i pointed directally outwards ( stupid maxis glitch there)

I am THE LLAMA! Fear my spit.... wrath! I mean wrath!!!

Join the ANIMAL ARMY
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 11:02:51 am »

Another thing is if they are used to eating people food they will not eat the pet food. Watched a stupid cat eat a bed of flowers with 3 full bowels of cat food there!! I was hoping it would starve or get taken by the "pet police" social worker. No luck!!

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
mchaos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 11:34:06 am »

Actually one of the cats that came with the Kat family is trained to only eat sim food.  I really thought it was going to die while I retrained it.  It seemed to get fully into the red, but never died.  I did keep getting warnings about taking care of it though.  I assisted it in getting over the hump while training by feeding it treats.  About four or five pet treats fill up a hunger bar.

My sims, online.  Always under construction, and not very impressive anyway.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 12:27:05 pm »

Quote from: mchaos;642868
Actually one of the cats that came with the Kat family is trained to only eat sim food.  I really thought it was going to die while I retrained it.  It seemed to get fully into the red, but never died.  I did keep getting warnings about taking care of it though.  I assisted it in getting over the hump while training by feeding it treats.  About four or five pet treats fill up a hunger bar.

I was being cynical, but basically said the same thing.Smiley The coding for the pets is set up in much the same way as it is for children. The pet social worker will arrive to save the day before Fido and Garfield kick the bucket. I would get rid of the stupid EP all together but I like some of the new content and building options. I do not play with pets in families much, and thankfully Squinges no-stray hack worked in Seasons!!

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
tiffanytiffany

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 05:44:35 pm »

Thank everyone

I will try to play around with the bowl placement
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: