Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 04:16:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I just don't understand...  (Read 1217 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
homerette

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2007, 04:33:41 pm »

It seems that about five pair of of maxis base game glasses are showing up as black, semi-transparent, square earrings.  I assume those are UV maps, but I dont' know.  Now, I know enough to know that this means there's a conflict with something I've downloaded, or something has corrupted.  What I can't figure out is what that might be.

I've had Dr. Pixel's earring mesh, simchic's, and a few others for quite a bit now and nothing new is connecting with me.  Actually, I first noticed this problem after I downloaded a self-sim for a contest on the sister site.  Said self-sim dislayed with these earring placeholders instead of glasses.  That was back in October or November.  I didn't really worry about it, because I don't often go that far into glasses to get at maxis crap.  But, now when I go to that particular page in CAS, the game crashes.  It doesn't crash in bodyshop of course.

Everything custom seems to display correctly and I've gotten rid of duplicate/empty packages using Clean Installer.  Any suggestions?  Or should I just remove all custom contest pertaining to accessories and try the one at a time method(something I have been studiously trying to avoid.)  I have all expansions except holidays stuff, and the problem was extant before Pets and Season.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 12:26:47 am by homerette » Logged
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 01:16:39 pm »

the change in the way the layers are handled after Pets and Seasons cause this.  Many hairs and jewelery items I have never had any problem with before in thumbnailing now all look like giant blocks of colour - usually black.

This is a bug in the game & bodyshop - unless Maxis/EA fixes it, it ain't gonna get better.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
homerette

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 12:19:20 am »

Thank you, BBB.  I was kinda afraid of that.  Oh well, who needs maxis' crappy glasses anyway? Tongue
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: