Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 04:03:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UseShaders true  (Read 9002 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
wioneo

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2007, 12:33:47 pm »

I just bought seasons, and like many others, I have invisible fish. Every once in a while I see a splash in the pond, and I assume that there should be a fish jumping out of the water. I've only noticed the splashes just before and after fishing, but then again, that's the only time that I really pay attention to the ponds. I loaded up the famer from Riverblossom, Leod McSomething, and plopped down a fish tank next to the pond and left him fishing for two days(maxmotives) while entering "boolprop useshaders true" and "boolprop useshaders false" every few minutes, I also turned "vsync" on and off just to see what it did, which as far as I can tell was nothing. I never saw any fishies which made m very sad... On an almost completely unrelated note, is there anyway to keep fruit trees from becoming "sickly" while they are out of season?

No pictures eh? Real men have pics in their signatures.
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 02:08:48 pm »

The proper cheat is boolprop UseShaders true\false. Capitalization is required. where needed. As far as the trees go, if you get the option spray them, tend them, talk to them if you have a gold badge. Hope this helps.

Burn the midnight oil, it will be daylight soon....
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 06:45:28 pm »

Quote from: billyd1000;647160
The proper cheat is boolprop UseShaders true\false. Capitalization is required. where needed.

I wonder where that saying comes from! I heard that from the very first day of Sims2 base game. But why are the cheats working without capitalization, then? And I mean ALL cheats, without any exeption.
I can't see my fish, either (except on one lot, which is strange). I tried the shader cheat, too. I found out by accident, that even useshaders on/off are accepted. I know it's being processed somehow because it takes several seconds until the game responds again, which it does only with this particular cheat - and the cheat window doesn't expand, which is it's habit on entering a wrong cheat code.
wioneo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 06:53:04 pm »

Actually, as Wednesday said, I found that cheats do work without capitalization and when they are entered incorrectly you get the error message. When I used the "MaxMotives" cheat, I just typed in "maxmotives," and the effects are immediately apparent in that case.

billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 04:12:06 am »

Quote from: wioneo;647770
Actually, as Wednesday said, I found that cheats do work without capitalization and when they are entered incorrectly you get the error message. When I used the "MaxMotives" cheat, I just typed in "maxmotives," and the effects are immediately apparent in that case.

Maxmotives is not a boolprop cheat. Some of the other cheats work either way in my game. I can only tell you it works for me and many other users to use proper syntax with the boolprop cheats. And I can see my fish!!

Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 10:59:23 am »

And how am I able to build asian buildings, if "boolprop constrainfloorelevation" false" is not supposed to work? One uses the capitals for better readability.

By the way: I also tried the capitalized version of the shader cheat. Makes no difference at all. Just another of the endless dephts of sim mysteries...
billyd1000

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 12:38:46 pm »

Quote from: Wednesday17;648950
And how am I able to build asian buildings, if "boolprop constrainfloorelevation" false" is not supposed to work? One uses the capitals for better readability.

By the way: I also tried the capitalized version of the shader cheat. Makes no difference at all. Just another of the endless dephts of sim mysteries...

I am not going to argue with you people. I did not create the boolprop cheats nor did I decide how they were to be entered into the cheat window. If you do not want to try different things to make your game work, that is up to you. Good simming. Smiley

DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 02:49:49 pm »

When testing boolprop cheats and you are unsure how to type them in, simply type "help" without the quotations. Wink

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 02:58:41 pm »

The official word from Maxis/EA is that all cheats are case-sensitive -- this probably has something to do with the Mac version, I don't know, I have never played on the Mac except to check compatability of my meshes.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
wioneo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 04:36:57 pm »

Well, seeing as how I tried entering the cheat with and without capitalization, that is irrelevant, but it's a great thing to argue about in some other topic because I am still missing my fishies in this one Sad With or without capitalization, the boolprop useshaders true cheat causes my game to freeze for a few seconds and then has no effect on anything whatsoever.

Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 05:29:15 pm »

Quote from: billyd1000;649042
If you do not want to try different things to make your game work, that is up to you.

Look again at my last post, which you completely quoted, by the way, and see that I DID try that. And that it didn't do any different.
And I don't have a Mac. Wink

Good simming. Smiley

Same to you. Cheesy
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 07:37:35 pm »

wioneo - then it appears your video card or its driver does not support pixelshading as used by the game after the install of Seasons EP.  You will either have to get a new card or wait for a driver update.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
jase439

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 08:25:01 pm »

I enter all my cheats in lower-case and never had a problem with them (boolprop or otherwise).  I'm sure this person's particular problem is as you describe Beos: the video card, the driver, or version of DirectX does not support the necessary pixel shaders required to use this cheat.  The shaders work for me, but I get some funky artifacts in the pool at night.

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 10:18:51 am »

I looked around in my graphic rules file and found that for my card useshaders is on (true) by default. And I happen to know that the card supports shaders version 2. Still it behaves funny in the Sims, lol. As I mentioned before, I can see fish on one particular lot, but not on any others. I simply made my peace with that for now. As long as I see my sim's dresses in their full beauty. Smiley
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 11:25:32 am »

The Sims 2 after installing Pets or Seasons EPs uses pixelshader 3.0 technology, not pixelshader 2.0

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: