Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 03:21:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weather Can't Catch Up, Weather During Wrong Seasons, AND CHEAT CODE QUES.  (Read 2506 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2007, 01:27:46 pm »

1) I changed the RiverBlossom Seasons to Summer, Winter, Spring, Fall as all the houses I went on were at the last day of Summer. So I entered a house, and it became Winter, and the snow was in SUMMER, and nothing in WINTER.

2) I switched Summer and Winter, to make it Winter, then Summer. I entered a house, and it was in Summer now, and then snow never came, but the temperature started falling to the FREEZING SIDE.

3) It began HAILING in Spring, but then the 'Blue Screen of Death/Problem' showed up and stayed for like 3 minutes, and when my game showed up again, about 3-4 sim hours later, it wasn't hailing. I doubt this is a problem, but I don't think it should go to the Blue Screen

I took that System Requirements Lab Test to see if Seasons would play, and it passed Recommended, and Minimum.

I need help, PLEASE!

Thanks!
-Frog_Man

EDIT: I was wondering of the aging off/on cheat affects anything, like weather.

Or weather can go on the same, but aging stops only.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 02:05:16 pm by Frog_Man » Logged
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 07:31:19 pm »

As in real life, sims seasons kind of blend together.  So with your set ups of Summer, Winter or Winter Summer, it isn't unexpected for summer to have some freezing days near the change, nor winter to have some scorchers near the change.

As far as the BSOD, with D being Delay this time, I can only guess it's related to the video card.  Your post about the windowbox reinforces that guess.  Yes, it may have passed the minimum and recommended requirements, but both the problems you have seem to say Video.
calalily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 07:44:23 pm »

The Blue screen of wait.... is caused by a fault with Nvidia drivers.  If you have an Nvidia card, this is the cause of it.

Maxoid Sam posted about it, and if you are an Nvidia owner, then this is the solution:  Use the cheat "boolprop useshaders false" - it takes away the texture on the snow, the reflections on the pool, and fish visibility in the pond, but lets you play without anymore blue screen.

Apparently they're trying to work out the problems with Nvidia, but it might be a while (this was posted after the release of Pets).

I use it, and don't have any problems playing the game for hours on end.

Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 07:50:19 pm »

I have a Radeon one.

Is there problems with those?
calalily

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 07:56:46 pm »

Not as far as I've read, but it might be worth using that cheat to see if it helps.  And I only have an Nvidia, so I usually only look at Nvidia information. Smiley

Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 08:00:23 pm »

Okay, I don't enter that useshaders cheat, I did once, and it worked fine.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 04:53:49 am »

Frog Man there are some problems with the Radeon series - if you look at the readme posted as a sticky in this section, you will see the list of acknowledged bugs

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Frog_Man

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 01:47:53 pm »

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: