Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 05:11:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: about holiday stuff  (Read 1298 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
marilynj72

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2007, 01:43:02 pm »

i can't find my holiday stuff. i'm not sure exactly when it really went missing because i have uninstalled and reinstalled my game several times since i downloaded the holiday stuff pack. i backed up my downloads folder, my neighborhoods and all that stuff pretty much everything in the sims2 folder in my documents. i remeber 1 time using the ea dowloader which i had saved to an external hardrive (because i also got a brand new computer) and it worked the last time (which was a while ago) i had to reinstall everything. now it doesn't work at all and i can't find anything about it because i think it redownloads it from the internet. i remember my password and username and everything but i can't find it anymore...
if anyone could help me with this problem in anyway please let me know.
thank you!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 03:54:01 am »

The Holiday Stuff Packs are installed in a different manner from the other Stuff Packs.  When you uninstall The Sims 2, they will be deleted along with The Sims 2 usually; whereas the other Stuff Packs are installed in their own programme folders.

The files are placed here (your language version may be named differently):

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins

I have the 2006 version which includes both 2005 & 2006 as well as content formerly only available by download from the exchange, so here I find:

• globalcatbin.bundle.package 46.3 MB
  • H05.bundle.package 47.1 MB
  • H06.bundle.package 31.2 MB
As far as I know, no other changes are made excapt maybe a bug-fix patch or updater for the base game to the latest version.

In order to regain your Holiday Stuff content, you will have to re-install the Stuff Pack after uninstalling and re-installing The Sims 2.

note: a bit of trivia, items placed in the same folder usually don't display the custom content blip * -- so you could theorhetically place custom content in this folder if you were willing to play with it and see what works and what doesn't work

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: