Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 05:24:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I thought sims took 10% of household funds when moving out?  (Read 2178 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Alexandrin

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2007, 08:52:41 pm »

I've played The Sims 2 for along time... Got all the expansion packs and some of the stuff packs. I feel really stupid for asking this now... But I thought I read that if a sim moved out of their Parents house they took 10% of the family funds? I had over a million on my sim when I thought I would branch out the family and move out a sim... But instead of starting with $100,000 they had $20,00. As you can see this is the first time I've ever moved a sim out.
Cinamun

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 09:39:30 pm »

I do believe thats the default.  Thats the only amount my sims have ever gotten upon moving out.

...enjoying the game.
cwurts00

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 09:46:38 pm »

you only take money with you if you are invited to move into another sim's home.  If you find your only place, you get $20,000.
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 04:11:36 am »

When Sims move out of a house in University neighbourhoods or when graduating, they take 1/how-ever-many-people-live-there of the funds.  So if there are 4, 1/4; if there are 5, then 1/5, etc.

Generally §20 000 is the cap I have seen on "created" families and those moved in by "combining households"; the exiting sim will take with him/her 10% OR §20 000, whichever is lower.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 09:57:53 am »

I use Monique's banking computer and ATM machine so that when my sims move they have what I want them to have and not what some cubicle dweller thinks they should have.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
Alexandrin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 10:28:37 am »

Ah thanks! I feel stupid. But this is my first time moving people out from the houses they live in with familys. Well I do use University, maybe thats why I got confused? (When leaving there I most of the time have a house of 3 and over $100,000) As for Monique's computer I use it alot I think it's my favorite hacked object but I didn't want to use it this time since the banking system can some what be seen as a cheat...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: