Insimenator.org
April 20, 2024, 06:13:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vibrant Vabe  (Read 5428 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
purpleshoes

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2007, 11:43:02 pm »

This is the story of Darleen Vabe, who was the honorable mention in the Swan to be contest. She was nicknamed Darleen the Duckling before, but now she's vibrant Vabe!
Note: This is my first story. Also in this First Chapter, I speed through the months, because I felt like I had to do it in order to make this chapter interesting.

Chapter One
Smiles
Speaker: Darleen

Smiling. Smiling has been what I've been doing for the past 8 1/2 months. My life seems to be a fairy tale right now, for it's been so very wonderful! I'll start from the day that after the contest ended, and end it 9 1/2 months later.

The contest ended last night, and I placed in 4th place(or, more officially, the honorable mention)! And, guess who was in the daily Strangetown news? If you guessed me, you were right. I find it very weird that Strangetown made such a big deal of it...well, it's Strangetown, and I guess they don't call it Strange - town for nothing. Also, someone moved into town today, his name is Greg Wallis. He's a very  charming man. I feel like I'm falling in love. (Hey, just because I didn't get Christophe, doesn't mean I won't get someone!)

After Greg and I had known each other for a few weeks, we started to talk more, weather it be in person, on the phone, or on the computer. One day, Greg invited me over to his house, I accepted and came over. "Hi." "Hi." Silence. Greg decided to be the polar bear and break the ice.

After that day, Greg and I were in constant contact. If there was a chance to phone each other or email each other, we'd take it. Greg came over to my house every week, and I'd usually go over to his house everyone other weekend for a few hours. The week after we had officially known each other for 7 months, Greg didn't contact me. On Friday of that week, he called me and invited me to his house. He said he had been planning something all week. I wondered what it was. I rushed over. Greg greeted me, and surprised me by kneeling down and pulling a box out from his pocket. "Darleen Vabe, will you make me the happiest man in the whole world by agreeing to be my wife?"

I couldn't move. I couldn't talk. The whole world was moving around me, and I was frozen. When I unfroze, I took a deep breath and screamed "YESS!". I was worried that I might have made Greg deaf, but the worried feeling passed as I slipped the ring on my finger, and stared at it. I couldn't believe this had happened. No one pinch me if I'm dreaming, please.

After that we lay in each other's arms, just hugging. Then, it began as just a kiss..but became something more.

I left his house 1 hour before midnight, smiling foolishly.

When I returned, I payed the nanny and tucked in Lizzie. "Sleep tight my dear daughter, may your dreams be happy..."

To be continued
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 07:37:55 pm by purpleshoes » Logged
purpleshoes

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 07:31:27 pm »

Chapter 2
The Birthday
Speaker: Darleen
Note: This chapter is a bit short, sorry. It was originally part of chapter one.

A week after the night of Greg and my engagement, I started trying to teach everything I could to Lizzie. I ended up teaching her to walk, because Lizzie seemed to hate being taught to talk and use the potty. She'd wiggle around and sheik gibberish, pointing to the ground and her feet. So, she ended up learning to only walk....and I discovered how much trouble a gibberish-talking always-walking toddler was. But anyways, I had been trying to teach her so much because her 6th birthday was just around the corner, in fact, it was just 2 weeks away! The days flew by like minutes. Before I knew it, I was inviting people to her birthday party. I invited her biological mother...and not to my surprise, she never showed up.

After everyone who came was greeted, I picked up Lizzie and brought her to the cake, and everyone followed me. She looked at the cake, then me, then the cake...she got what she was supposed to do, and started blowing.

The candles were blown out, and I set Lizzie on the floor and backed up. She stood up, her legs wobbly. She rubbed her face in her arms and wiggled them a few times. Then, she jumped up...

and transformed. She looked at her arms and legs, her outfit...and did a little victory-hop. "YEEEYYYY!" she said in the mist of all the excitement. I was so proud. My little toddling terror was no longer a toddler...or a terror, she was a young lady. I smiled. I smiled like I never had before.

The smile stayed for a while. It stayed until the week after, when Lizzie found me on my knees over the toilet, throwing up. "Momma...are you...okay?" the words left my young daughter's mouth in a worried fashion. I had felt sick in my stomach that morning, and for no apparent reason. I hadn't eaten anything bad, and I wasn't sick.

To be continued....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:00:25 am by purpleshoes » Logged
purpleshoes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 06:02:40 pm »

The thrid chapter might take a while.
purpleshoes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 03:27:03 am »

Chapter Three
Part A- Oh no
Speaker- Darleen
Pics to come.
(pic here)
"Yeah, yeah, nah, yeah." Lizzie was on the phone with someone. "Lizzie, who did you call?" "Greg." "And why?" "I dunno." "Sometimes, I don't get you." "I never get some people. Like one of my classmates. Her name is Anna. She's...weird." Sometimes Lizzie acts...weird. Anyways, around 7 minutes after Lizzie had been on the phone, Greg was ringing the doorbell.
(pic here)
"Hi, Greg." I greeted. "Darleen, are you okay?" "Um...yeah..." "You sure?" "I'm sure." It's gonna be annoying having everyone worrying about me for a while. Greg insisted on staying at my house until I was better. He told me he'd sleep on the couch. "Greg, I'm okay, seriously." "Darleen, how do I know you really are okay? You should see a doctor." "Yeah, momma!" Lizzie threw in. "Lizzie, Greg, I'm fine!" Greg finally me to agree with him staying over at my house for a bit. That 'bit' of time turned into 2 weeks, because I kept getting sick.
(pic here)
I finally went to the doctor's. The doctor said he'd email me the results of a few tests I'd taken. I checked my email the next morning. Oh no. I was....pregnant. I decided I'd tell Lizzie and Greg over dinner. I made Mac and Cheese that night. I picked at my food, I wasn't really hungry. "So...how's everyone?" "Good." was the answer from both. "I got a email from the doctor....and... I'm pregnant." A gasp from both, then we finished dinner in silence. As I went to wash the dishes after dinner, Greg pulled me aside.
(pic here)
"Darleen..are you serious? I mean...wow. This is a surprise. Is this really happening?" "Yeah. It's really happening. But I wish it'd happen differently." Greg and I went to the living room and sat on the couch and planned what we'd do. But really, it feels like these things are happening too fast, even if they're good things.
purpleshoes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 01:48:33 pm »

I promise, one chapter will be in Lizzie's POV and one will be in Greg's POV. Maybe if I get really far in this story, Darleen's child that isn't born yet POV(of course, that's only if I get them aged up to a child in the story).
Lil Reaper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 11:46:06 pm »

I can't wait to see if Greg and Darleen have a boy or a girl! Lizzie is adorable BTW.
Thanks for the reviews on my story. I did a continuation just for you.

I don't make mistakes, I date them!
I was uncool before uncool was cool!
[/COLOR][/FONT]
purpleshoes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 02:19:30 pm »

Quote from: juiciejenna13;708379
I can't wait to see if Greg and Darleen have a boy or a girl! Lizzie is adorable BTW.
Thanks for the reviews on my story. I did a continuation just for you.

Okay, I may be giving an important part of the story away, but they might be having both....
Thanks, Lizzie is one of my favorites. At first, she was made only for Darleen to adopt, but I've grown to love 'er. But Lizzie is being annoying because when I'm taking pictures for the story, she always manages to get in the way while I'm getting one of the other charries to get in the right pose. >.<
purpleshoes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 07:15:49 pm »

Update coming today. Smiley And I changed Darleen's hair.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 08:12:58 pm by purpleshoes » Logged
purpleshoes

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 08:04:54 pm »

Chapter 3
Part B- Surprise, Surprise - Change, Change
Speaker-Darleen

1:30 A.M. was when I woke up that night for a snack. Boy was I surprised when I saw the mirror in the corner of my eye. I took a second look, but saw the same thing...

And then I took a moment to model my baby bump to the invisible crowd in the mirror.

Okay, first thing I had to do: Call Greg. And I did, and he answered. "Get your butt over here, don't ask why. Love ya, bye." I think I just broke the record of the shortest phone conversation, because I said the words in about ten seconds.

Greg got over pretty fast, and imagine his surprise when he saw me. First he hugged me, then bent down and had a chat with my belly. "Hi little one, I'm your daddy. Believe me, you're going to have a very loving family when you're born." he said, then continued about how much everyone would love it, and how it'd be the happiest baby in the world.

After that night, there was barely any time we weren't talking. In person, on the phone, or on the computer. One day he came over and said that he wanted me to move in with him. I grabbed his hands and said I'd sleep on it.

I felt the cover of my favorite book as I began to open it up. I sat on Greg's couch in his living room in his house, but it wasn't just Greg's house anymore. It was now also my house, in a way. I did sleep on his question. I thought about it and thought about it. And I said yes.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 09:36:08 pm by purpleshoes » Logged
purpleshoes

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 09:32:50 pm »

Chapter 4
The Wedding
Speaker: Darleen (I promise, the next chapter will be in Greg or Lizzie's POV)
Note: The marrying pics are kinda messed up because I didn't get a pic of Darleen putting the ring on Greg's finger.
1 month went by fast. The month had been used to plan Greg and my wedding. And today is the day Greg and I get married. It is also the day I am 3 1/2 months pregnant, and it hard to believe in less than 6 months my babies will be born. Yes, babies. The last time I went to the doctors for a checkup, he told me I'm having twins.

The guest are arriving. Oh, I'm just a bundle of nerves right now. Everything's planned, but I'm still nervous that something will go wrong. Greg invited his sister, I invited a few of our friends, and Lizzie invited one of her little classmates. But wait...there's a guy approaching who no one invited. Now that I take a look at his face, he looks around his late forties, and if my dad was still alive, this guy would probably be him. "Darleen..." his voice sounded soft yet hard.

"Darleen," now he said it louder. Without thinking, I let out the words "Daddy. But, but I thought you were gone." I felt tears streaming down my face, my mascara running along with the tears.

I ran to him. I ran to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly for a while, like if I let go he'd be gone and I'd wake up, and this would all be a dream. But I let go finally, and he wasn't gone. It wasn't a dream.

The wedding finally went on after daddy and I caught up a little. I forgot about all the times he wasn't there, about every time I'd awake from a dream about him crying, about all the times I missed him. I cleaned my face and he walked me down the isle, and I said my vows, which I almost forgot because of all the worrying and drama. "Greg Wallis, I promise to love you forever, to be by your side for all times. Through the sadness, the happiness, the illness, the healthiness, the rough, and the easy. I will respect you and expect to be respected back. I put this ring on your finger as a symbol of my love and joining to you."

And Greg said his vows, which he said like he'd been practicing them for a million years. "Darleen Vabe, I loved you from the minute I saw you and I always will. I will respect you and be by your side. I'll be there at hard times, sad times, happy times, easy times, ill times, I will be there for you for as long as we both live. I put this ring on your finger as a symbol of my love and joining to you."

I leaned forward, he leaned forward. We both leaned forward until we were kissing. People started clapping and our lips parted.

I felt tears running down my face again. Tears of joy, of coarse. All the times I had cried that day were tears of joy.

I cut the cake(and stuffed a bite of it in Greg's mouth),

I opened presents,

And about every person there talked to my belly or felt one of the babies kick. Also, I swear Dad flirted with Elizabeth, one of my friends, and Lizzie would say, marjory Bleh with a capital B!
This was the happiest day of my entire life. And I didn't want it to ever end, but too soon it began to become dark. I retired to the bedroom, put my vial in a box, hung my dress in the dresser, and put on my pyjamas. I sat in the bed and pulled the covers over me, then slowly let my weariness take over.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:43:48 am by purpleshoes » Logged
purpleshoes

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 10:38:22 pm »

An important annoucement to the few who are still waiting for an update:
I am going to be re-creating Dar, Liz, Dar's dad, and Greg, so they will look a bit different, and Greg and Dar's house will not be the same, because I have no good pics of the whole thing.
cookie_monster8

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 10:34:06 pm »

thats okay. cant wait for an update.

(\_/)
 (._.)
'(_ _)'
purpleshoes

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 07:58:14 pm »

Greg with look a bit different because I have not one good picture of him. Sorries!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: