Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:21:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An idea for a Sims 2 object/hack (this is NOT a request, just an idea)  (Read 7973 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
CB2001

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2007, 02:22:10 pm »

You know, I kinda wish there was some sort of "Sims 2 Ideas" section, where people could post ideas for Sims 2 stuff they had in mind, stuff that are just ideas and not requests.  But that's another topic all together.

Now, not too long ago, I came up with an object (+hack) that was inspired by some of the Sim posing hacks for storytellers and movie makers by Jixs and decorgal22572.  So, I figured I'd post the idea here and see what people think about it.  I must point out, I'm not an object maker and this is only an idea.  I have to say this because I sent a PM asking the opinion of an object/hack maker and that person thought I was making a request due to the massive detail of it.  But that's how I am (I come up with one idea and it just grows).  Tongue

Now, I've seen the typical holdable items, and how they are one handed carrying items with their arm bent "at the waist" as it were. This is okay when it comes to carriable handguns (like VampCat's guns), but even with a single handgun, it still doesn't look right when people are trying to make it look like their Sims are firing guns because of the fact that the Sims carry them close to the waist.

So, the idea I had is for a "Gunplay Pose Object" that can be used by Movie-Makers and Storytellers. Basically, it actually allows poses for gun objects that look like actual gun play. For example, there'd be the options like these:
(For handguns)
The Tea Cup Gun Hold- Basically the typical police officer two handed gun hold. Where you hold the gun in one hand and cup the other hand under that, like this.
One Handed Gun Hold- The typical pointing a gun at someone, as seen here (Warning: Big Picture Size).
John Woo Double Hand- Basically, the gun in each hand, both pointing forward (sometimes pointing at two different targets at once). See "The Matrix", the scene where Neo shoots at the Agent while on the roof of the Goverment Building (just prior to his "bullet dodge") and "A Better Tomorrow" as examples.
Old-Style Western Holdup- This is also two-handed, basically where a person has one gun extended out to take aim at a target while the other one is at their waist, ready to fire. Kinda like in this picture.
(for machine guns, shotguns and rifles)
One-Handed Hold-out- Typical for smaller weapons, like an Uzi, where one hand can be used (similar to the one handed gun hold above). This can apply to other machine guns that are typically held with two hands, but often depicted in films as "getting one more shot off before starting to run" (see "Terminator 2: Judgement Day", where the Terminator takes one last shot at the T-1000 as he begins to head for the elevator)
Two-Handed Hold- Typically for the bigger weapons, like an M-16 automatic machine gun, shotguns and other weapons designed to be held with two-hands to aim and fire, typically with the shoulder brace against the shoulder.
John Woo Machine Gun Style- Like the "John Woo Two Hand Hold" described above, but for the automatic machine guns, shotguns and rifles.
(and for all)
A Standby Posture- Basically, for the holding a gun with both hands, where the Sim will be in a holding posture, being ready for action. I'm going to use a Halo 2 picture to help explain two "standby postures". The first one will be holding a rifle, which can apply to machine gun too. For Handguns, it would be like the tea-cup hold, only with the gun aimed down.

So, what do you guys think of the idea?   Good, bad, ugly?  Useful, useless?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:44:46 am by CB2001 » Logged
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 02:52:09 pm »

I think it's a very cool idea!  It would definitely be a great touch better than just having the sims hold the gun so low down at the waist all the time.  :smile bi:  Nice one!

(The tea-cup gun hold picture and the last link isn't showing up for me though... I get a page not found and a 500 internal error when I click those links... Sad )

CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 03:36:53 pm »

Thanks for letting me know about the picture.  Apparently, the person renamed the picture from "Teacup" to "Solid", so I've updated the link with the correct name, so it should be working now.

Glad you like it.  Cheesy
CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 01:10:43 am »

Got another for the One Handed Gun poses:

One Handed Gun Hold: Type 2- Similar to the above, except, the gun is pointed at the side with the body still facing forward, like in this scan of the DVD cover for John Woo's "The Killer"

BTW, is there any other gunplay poses that anyone can think of that could be used for such an object/hack?
CB2001

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 03:16:46 pm »

I have a question, seeing that I like the idea, I'd like to know if there are any simple programs I could use to create the poses (note: I do not have any knowledge in creating objects or animations, so anything that I can easily create these poses, preferably point-and-click).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: