Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 06:55:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Why r Sims so stupid ?  (Read 32432 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2007, 01:25:43 am »

This thread is still hilarious! Yeah, I wouldn't dare leave my sims alone for a minute because I know they will attempt to burn the house down! Cheesy

My biggest peeve right now..? My sims harassing the poor pets every minute to give them hugs or belly rubs... Had a sim the other night hugging the cat, putting it down and then turning right around to pick up the cat and give it another hug! Again, again and again...

Why do nannies have to choose the most expensive meal, lobster thermidor to be exact, to prepare and then stop to go do something else, leaving it to rot on the counter? Why do they have to stand by the crib and stare into the wall? If I was a toddler being watched by the nanny like that, I would be creeped out!

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
dachshundsr4me

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2007, 06:52:41 pm »

Well mine I used this hack to make my Sims a vampire. A rose of some kind you download from MTS2. Anyway I made the mistake to do this when they first move into their new home. All the neighbors come over to introduce themselves and she goes to the door and meets them and starts to turn to smoke and then the dumb woman goes through the garage to go back into the home to go inside and dies right when she gets inside. She has no sense to stay out of the sun. I have now decided if I want a vampire Sims to make sure I use that object only at night.

Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2007, 08:36:29 pm »

Well i decided to check on this thread i started and i am so glad so many of u have posted....Reading thru them i couldn't stop laughing...I totally agree about the nanny being annoying with the giving to many bottles...but i can't quite get why when the kid's energy level is almost at the pass out level she insist on putting the kid in a highchair to feed it when that level is only about half way....and then the opposite when the kid is starving and she insists on putting it in it's crib....Then i didn't have enough money to pay her once and of all the stupid things to take...when i have a house full of valuable stuff she takes the kitchen sink....
Well back to my game to watch more funny stuff....LOL

BEV
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2007, 08:35:27 am »

Maybe I should add things like "Don't walk away from stove while cooking" to my list of must-have hacks Wink This is why my game's hacked to pieces, so I only have to endure some of this crazy stuff. I will say though, Pescado's "lobo nanny" doesn't seem to do much, and when I made one selectable so I could actually get her to do useful stuff, I noticed under her personality she had only one neatness point :oogle: I do so wish dizzy2's sitter hack could be updated for Pets/Seasons...

No requests please
dachshundsr4me

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2007, 01:18:04 pm »

Well my sims the other day swam in the pool in the dead of winter. The girl got frostbite and so did the parents. I have the hacks so I am not sure if that is why they stayed outside so long or if it is just the game.

MayorofSimcity2

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2007, 05:55:07 pm »

I have two momennts of stupidity:

Once this girl was getting married and her (elder) mom just decides to get up and start a water balloon fight with her (elder) husband , in their formal clothes.

One time this girl's father died and while the grim reaper was still there she was having a pillow fight with her mom and she was an adult, and then his brother and his wife started having one too!
Shpookiecat

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2007, 05:27:33 pm »

My one family I'm playing INSIST on napping on the cheap couch rather than walking a little further to sleep in the expensive bed. Guess it doesn't help that they're both lazy, but c'mon, I'm not even THAT bad!

AjaAja

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2007, 11:03:35 pm »

Quote from: Chaavik;813554
This thread is still hilarious! Yeah, I wouldn't dare leave my sims alone for a minute because I know they will attempt to burn the house down! Cheesy

My biggest peeve right now..? My sims harassing the poor pets every minute to give them hugs or belly rubs... Had a sim the other night hugging the cat, putting it down and then turning right around to pick up the cat and give it another hug! Again, again and again...

Why do nannies have to choose the most expensive meal, lobster thermidor to be exact, to prepare and then stop to go do something else, leaving it to rot on the counter? Why do they have to stand by the crib and stare into the wall? If I was a toddler being watched by the nanny like that, I would be creeped out!

Yay, a place to vent about stupidity the sims exhibit.

Oh, my God! Yes, yes, the nanny always does that, apparently, none of my sims had enough cooking points to just put the thing in a freaking oven. And why is it that pets who hate a person will still be more than willing to do things like hugging and fetching when they hate that person. That's something so annoying about pets: I mean enemy sims will interact in ways to remain enemies (logically), but they won't stay enemies with pets- I mean who decides to pet or play fetch with a dog that you consider your enemy!? They should be shooing and yelling at it, and the dog should be barking and biting, not be like, err... I hate you... sure, I'll play razzle with you (and not bite the person). They really don't leave pets alone! That is so true. I have pets installed, yet, I end up getting annoyed when a sim family gets a pet, so I never let anyone get pets. They won't even give the pets a chance to eat.

Oh, I just thought of this one. The Sports channel! It irks me off that they keep changing it to the Sports channel... especially, when in their interests, they hate sports. Oh, and my sim decides to change to the weather channel and it keeps telling me it's sunny out but it's going to ran every like two seconds; that was the one time, those sims decide not to change the channel every half a second and I had to make him do it.

My servos stop what they're doing and do chores excessively. I tell them to do something, someone uses the toilet, and they ignore my orders and go clean the toilet. They freaking leave during the middle of woo-hoo to make someone's bed that's across the house. Why do that one guy's servos not work and mine work too hard?

My sims have never frozen to death or burst into flames before. I didn't even know that happened. I have a family of homeless sims who live around a public bathroom. Somehow, even they have survived the elements, though all their children got taken away... apparently, they aren't resourceful enough to use something on a buffet table to feed a baby, they need refrigerators.

Ah, I just thought of something. I've lived with cockroaches before, but sims telepathically know where they are, and run over there just to complain to stomp on them unsuccessfully, complain to me about it (when they're the ones not cleaning up after themselves), and get sick. I have never gotten sick from a cockroach! Stop obsessing over cockroaches you aren't suppose to know are there (They walk of the house through the front door, go all the way around the house, stomp, complain, go back around, go inside, do something for a second, go out the front door again, around the house, stomp, complain, over and over). They sacrifice ninety percent of their time on this, regardless of motives, then complain to me about motives. Granted, I've had moments when my normal activities were briefly disrupted by cockroaches, but I still ate, slept, etc. successfully. They must have occupied less than or equal to one percent of my time, not ninety!

I just thought of something again while reading something in another post. I can't use the myshuno thingie, because it is the ultimate anti-school/anti-work thing. I mean they just stand there in front of it... standing. I X the thing, and it takes them like two hours of standing before finally being free of myshupnosis.

One of the two things I hate most that I can think of right now are throwing water balloons- they do it during winter and excessively. I keep having to hear that some kid is freezing after repeatedly making them stop and go back inside over and over and then I turn my back for a second, and I hear I'm an unfit parent cause he's freezing or burning up again.
Arg. Why can't they go inside when they're hot or cold by themselves? And who takes three or four showers in row because they're hot or cold!?

The other thing I hate (and I discovered this after I decided not to use automatic motive feeding flamingos, and try playing without cheating) is the "hold infant" or whatever that annoying interaction is called. I mean these sims decide to hold the infant and starve themselves to death, I have to manually make them put the freaking baby down and manually direct them to eat, or go to the bathroom, or take a shower, or sleep (because they'll just hold the baby again)! They keep complaining that the kid smells and I have to tell them to change the kid's diaper because they can't figure that out for heaven's sake!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 12:01:01 am by AjaAja » Logged

If my avatar is a girl, it's most likely me
CBC (Come Back Campaign)! One post can make a difference. Join here!
Best contest ever, Beauty of the Decades. Join here!
Have my self-sim for yourself Wink. Get me  here!
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2007, 01:27:04 am »

I'm glad everyone is still adding to this thread....i have a new annoying thing to add...I have BV and i am so sick of my sims constantly singing that sea chantey....they do it all the time...and everyone they meet they start singing it and teach them it....so what started as a family learning it while on vacation to fill their memory thing is now something i wish they never had to do...U know how u hear a song and it is in your head all day and u kind of sing it? well after i play my game that dang sea chantey is in my head all day...The other day i had a sim doing the pee dance and looking at me like Help me!!!! i got to go....well the dumb thing was she was in the bathroom...it wasn't like there was a long line to wait in....she was the only one....Huh?Huh? well i thought about clicking the toilet to get her to focus on the solution...but i didn't cuz i wanted to see what she would do...and u guessed it she peed on the floor and cried....

BEV
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2007, 01:32:45 am »

Why are Sims so stupid?  Oh, that's an easy one, because EA hired the biggest bunch of losers ever assembled to design this game and after investing tens of dollars and ones of minutes doing product QA testing, they marched this pathetic game out to the trough knowing no matter how horrible it was we would buy it.  Having had the dubious pleasure of meeting most of the development team, I think we should not think of the Sims as stupid, but rather as smarter than the game creators.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2007, 08:59:06 pm »

They have no brain! How smart can they be without a brain?

Check in Bodyshop if you need proof. lol

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2007, 02:27:38 am »

Well guys i am really sick of that dang sea chantey....but now i created a business and they r doing it there or performing tai chai.....and worse they got the customers doin it instead of getting them to buy stuff....this is not good....So new funny things that r happenin....i love Eric's maxmotives from insimenator...anyways cuz of it my dog when she isn't at work sits on the beach and watches the waves the rest of the time...i even had a sim show the dog the sea shells on the shelf and tell the dog about how they discovered it...."interesting" and i finally had a sim get bit by a vampire and it shocked me course i did use insim cheat to get their friendship level up...but nothin happened....but then i go to my business the next day and all of a sudden the vampiress shows up and bites my sim...i was thrilled to think it finally happened....but then my sim kept goin outside to do tai chai and of course smokin at the same time....so i had to end that little moment but i forgot how to do it and it was hard keepin her inside till i remembered i had to get it from the gypsy....so that was neat seein that happen...but the next day it happens again...good thing i bought extra bottles of potion....Whew!!!!

BEV
Jazza0

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2007, 05:51:16 am »

Well heres my shot!! i was in my business (really small) and the shelf is right by the door. It held the same flower that a customer wanted but she stayed at the desk with the may i help you? erm love its in front of ur eyes lol
cmk1356

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2007, 07:32:40 pm »

dlb4hee -- same here.  Never posted before.  But I had to because... well, the first (AND ONLY!) time a satellite has ever come down and killed one of my sims, was the time I spent HOURS designing one to look as close as possible to myself.

And I use stargaze and gaze at the clouds *all the time.*  

This is a really funny thread.

Oh, and after I got Seasons, well, I didn't know a Sim could catch on fire in the hottub.  I left to go check on food cooking (because unlike the Sims I actually remember that I'm cooking), and a visiting Sim apparently burned down *hours* of work on my favorite house.

Sigh
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 07:54:02 pm by cmk1356 » Logged
Bev in NY

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2007, 12:07:52 am »

omg cmk...lol that is funny hearing about course i'm sure u weren't very happy....but i will let u guys in on a little secret....i was playing my game once ok couple times and had something on the stove and forgot about it till i smelled it burning...so the sims and i apparently need to have someone controlling us at all times....LOL
Here's one for ya....Why is it that if u have a stereo "mind u inside of your house"  sims will b outside and just start dancing?  well one time this happened got a pic of it too...a bunch of visiting sims and some of mine started doing the smustle outside on the sidewalk....looked funny but the part that really got me upset over it was they started this just before my kids were coming home from school....and u got it they were right where the kids needed to get off the bus at....so it took forever to get my kids off the bus...and of course if one moved to get out of the way so the kid could get off the bus then....the kid would join in the smustle and block the way....ugh!!!! and of course this was the day each of my kids brought home a friend from school....and as each one emerged from the bus they joined in the smustle....so now for the real annoying part....all thru this that darn bus keeps blowing that horn and all my kids just dropped their homework on the lawn i had to move each one into the house....i hate when the kids leave it outside....
i had a child who got off bus and Dad came home from work at the same time and kid drops homework and goes and hugs Dad....and it was winter and i had to scan the dang front yard to find juniors homework....ticked me off so i made him sit outside and do it....yep he turned blue and i got the warning of child neglect...i saved him tho sent him in the house for some hot chocolate...

BEV
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: