Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 09:53:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Why r Sims so stupid ?  (Read 31822 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
kattan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 28, 2007, 09:09:43 am »

Quote from: friendlyquark;670145
Monica has a "Run to bus" hack that clears this problem, my wee ones scamper like mice on speed. Someone has a "Stop skilling and go to work/school" hack as well, I think it's twojeffs over at MATY, but my brain is un-caffeinated right now, so I am not certain. Tongue

Hacks fix most stupid! YAY!!!

I know that the Do Homework hack I picked up is a wonderful thing. Now instead of stopping my kids from bringing up their fun or whatnot after returning home from school, the hack commands them to stop whatever it is they're doing at 6 and do their homework autonomously. I just saw it in action for the first time last night with Alexander Goth; he stopped playing piano, sat down with his homework, finished that off then right back on the piano. It was wonderful.

...I wonder now if it works for university assignments as well. I'll have to test the theory with the elder Grunt boys and Johnny Smith tonight.

Join me at KatsukoSims for my various family stories.
SimPathology: home of the PSV* sims and Weirdsville.
*Pleasantview-Strangetown-Veronaville
digni7y

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 28, 2007, 09:16:21 am »

Kattan-it doesn't. It's only for kids and teens.

The fastest way I've found for the grade meter to be filled is to write term paper, go to class twice and then either do a few assignments or study with a group of 5 or more kids.

*Digni7y's Sims*

Like my cat icon? It's available at Sushi Cat!
kattan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 28, 2007, 09:32:02 am »

Damn. Ah well, worth a shot anyway. Not like they need it though, because damn if Ripp doesn't schmooze with his professors so much that he can actually skip class (he's done it five times now) and STILL finish the term with a 4.0! And the funny thing is, I changed his aspiration to fortune so maybe he's paying them bribes or something. Tank, however, fails at interpersonal skills and still has to go to classes, haha!

Join me at KatsukoSims for my various family stories.
SimPathology: home of the PSV* sims and Weirdsville.
*Pleasantview-Strangetown-Veronaville
digni7y

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 28, 2007, 11:32:30 am »

Romancing the professors never really worked for me. I got the grade boost once but that was it. I'd rather work my poor sims to death than let them have some loving especially with the old lady professors. *shudder*

*Digni7y's Sims*

Paradise City

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2007, 08:06:11 am »

Quote from: Sadie79;796416
What I find really wacked out is the jealousy system. Not only does it kick in for sims that have a crush on each other, but I've had a couple of instances where the sim in question wasn't even in the same room, storming all the way over from the other side of the lot just to slap the "cheating" sim when all they had was a crush. It was a romance sim who was jealous too, which is even more ridiculous ¬_¬

Thankfully I won't have to endure that any more *happily pats Smonaff's committed only mod*

I had that happen to me also. This Sim A really fancied my other female sim Bwho had a crush on her but also another female sim C. Sim B kissed Sim C in front of Sim A. Sim A got mega jealous and her & Sim B kept of cat fighting so I had to make one move out :punch:

Sims are full of stupidity. my ones keep setting the freaking kitchen on fire so I've been putting sprinklers everywhere in the kitchen
digni7y

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2007, 08:48:51 am »

I have a new complant. I downloaded morague's single plates of desserts mod from MTS2 and now, every single pregnant sim I have goes straight for the cheesecake. You would think that all of them might compare notes and not go for it, but I guess they just can't resist that rich, creamy goodness.

*Digni7y's Sims*

jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2007, 09:25:44 pm »

mmmmm... cheesecake :drool:

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
goody-goody

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2007, 12:25:34 pm »

LOL!!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

soms sims are sooo dumb!  I always have freewill off, always make sure they have something to do and very often use cheats, so these sort of things never happen to me.  I'll watch closely, though, and see if it does Smiley

Katheryne

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2007, 10:59:20 pm »

I would really like to know what is in the Sims' coffee (and why can't I have some)?  Every chance my sims get, they will head over to the coffee maker and drink cup after cup...  I had one sim go into bladder desperation, did the whole crossing-her-legs things and - instead of going to the bathroom, she got herself another damned cup of coffee!!!

I left my game running one time while I took care of something else.  I was only away from the computer for maybe thirty minutes, but when I got back, the floor was covered in pee and coffee cups - and two really wired, smelly sims in the process of having another cup!
Khayman71

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2007, 11:49:56 am »

I play with free will turned off, because I don't trust them one little bit. I did turn it on once though. I sent my Sim to a club downtown, and when she arrived I thought "Let's see what she wants to do, rather than me telling her all the time".

I thought she might have a drink, maybe dance to the DJ or talk to someone. No. She picked up the dirty dishes customers had left, took them into the kitchen of the club and started washing them. She only has about 3 bars on her neatness :?

I think I'll turn it on again having read this thread, just to see if anything truly stupid happens. :smile:
kathwynn

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2007, 06:41:54 pm »

When I let the the sims play with the free will on.  Dad left for work daughter had started school and a bonfire.. Fool that I am i had one in the back yard for her to come home.

Mom lit the blasted thing on fire killed herself, her young son that was just crawling and grandmom. One would think she would have at least called the fire dept. Nope in fact she died without doing anything other watching the pretty flames....

It gets better. Place burns down dad and daughter show up and try to go through the nonexistant door. At that point I figured I either had a bug or the dumbest family on the block....

"I have always considered my brains to be my Achilles heel. Everyone is given one trick. Rational thought. But when you are big, blue, and insane, baby, the sky is the limit." The Tick
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2007, 07:01:49 pm »

Quote from: Katheryne;1061135
I would really like to know what is in the Sims' coffee

hmmm... i would say, but i don't think i'm allowed to Cheesy
Kath: wook at the pwetty owange stuff :tongue5:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 07:04:17 pm by jjsmith » Logged

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
Theraven
The Bird Queen
Admin

Currently distracted by Something Shiny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2007, 07:15:44 pm »

I had some trouble with sims birthing once. the woman was having triplets (the hack), and first/second baby went as normal - until the third baby. after birthing him, she started all over again, babies disappearing one by one, while she birthed them over again. and again. and again. and again.
I didn't count how many times she did it, but it was a lot of times... when I got bored of waiting (so bored I wanted to smash my computer) I had to do that force error-thing. I can't really remember what happened, but the problem dissappeared (luckily).
what the other simmies were doing? either watching (no one picked up the babies) or pretending not to care. I felt sorry for that woman. bad enough having three babies at once, if not twenty... Sad

and simmies are SO impatient! they can't wait a freakin ten seconds for someone to move so they can walk past. putting food inside the fridge? takes forever, because they keep putting it on the ground again. giving twins or triplets bottles? takes forever to get that perfect shot of all of them drinking because their parents are so annoyingly stupid.

and when you ask them to do something - why do they have to go the LONGEST POSSIBLE WAY to get there?:eh:

I once had a housekeeper who refused to do other things than wash the aquarium. she stood there for ages, washing it. even though there was dirt upstairs! she didn't even want to go home. washing. washing. washing... that aquarium got really clean, and to get her out of there, I had to delete the aquarium. :smt120

and to find the simmies homework, I always have to watch the clock for when they get home, and cancel the "getting home from school", because otherwise I never find their homework  without going into build mode. and besides, they always want to put it on the same spot. even if it's plenty of room around them. :Huh?:

but in spite of them being so stupid, it's actually fun to play them. at least since teleporting came with insim. now, i usually never let them walk wherever they're heading Wink
oK, I have said enough, I think. *release of frustration*:roll:

My site:

Little Fire Burning - Chapter 85 out

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain~
Katheryne

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2007, 09:21:24 pm »

Quote from: theraven;1061767
I had some trouble with sims birthing once. the woman was having triplets (the hack), and first/second baby went as normal - until the third baby. after birthing him, she started all over again, babies disappearing one by one, while she birthed them over again. and again. and again. and again.

*cringes*

Although, as much as I feel sorry for that poor mother, can you imagine being one of those babies - getting squeezed out, only to be shoved back in to go through it all again? :smt103
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2007, 05:47:35 am »

and to find the simmies homework, I always have to watch the clock for when they get home, and cancel the "getting home from school", because otherwise I never find their homework without going into build mode.

i've got a hack from monique (i think) that makes them do their homework at 7 pm. solves the problem of having to find it. Cheesy

The AA needs you
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: