Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 12:40:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Why r Sims so stupid ?  (Read 31823 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Chaavik
Got Blood?
Super Mod

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 01:13:13 pm »

Ever had a Sim stop doing something just to wander off to view the artwork on the other side of their house? Or to have waterballoon fights in the middle of winter when there is a blizzard raging outside? My sims doesn't know any better.. Sad There are times I sighed when I watch my sims simply walk out into the freezing weather without stopping to do the famous Wonder Woman spin to don their coats to ward themselves from the biting cold of the winter.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Dancing Squirrels
Don't PM me with demands/requests. Make them here.
Come play Aetolia with us!
jjsmith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 10:20:39 am »

here's one for ya. it, too, relates to winter. if i don't keep my eye on them, my sims will go outside, build a snowman and/or make snowangels and freeze before i can get them to go inside.

The AA needs you
don't take life too seriously. you never get out of it alive :tongue5:http://iratebermy.tripod.com/
~Iris~

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 02:16:59 pm »

Oh you've just gotta love the stupid things that Sims do.  If there is a pool in their yard, mine will insist on walking outside, going down the slide, then getting out of the pool to walk to the other side of the yard.  Is there a useable path with enough space for them to walk?  Yes.  Does this usually happen in the middle of winter?  Yes.  Will they ever do this in the summer?  Of course....not.

I can grow eggs, steaks, fish and books...but I can't make V8?

My custom sim is Egyptian royalty...the Adventure said so!
Pilotpigen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 02:20:16 pm »

LMAO! This is so funny! Keep'em coming!

Visit SYNAPTIC SIM'S LAIR

WANT ANY OF MY CREATIONS? FIND THEM IN THE LAIR

I AM NOT A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY ANYMORE - JUST GETTING MY STUFF
Goofyblonde

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 12:50:32 pm »

When i first got seasons, i had sims woohoo in the hottub during a rainstorm ( so romantic) They got struck by lightning .Then they got back in on their own and got zapped again.Killed em both.i couldn't of done that on purpose again still trying though.
friendlyquark

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2007, 12:56:53 pm »

MATY's Lotdebugger now has a "Smite" command....LOL You can recreate that one now.

Toddler - The other white meat.
volcomstone121

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2007, 01:05:57 pm »

you know what i hate that kids don't come to the bus and it takes 3 sim hours or more i have 5 kids and it takes forever
friendlyquark

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 10:26:21 am »

Quote from: volcomstone121;668843
you know what i hate that kids don't come to the bus and it takes 3 sim hours or more i have 5 kids and it takes forever

Monica has a "Run to bus" hack that clears this problem, my wee ones scamper like mice on speed. Someone has a "Stop skilling and go to work/school" hack as well, I think it's twojeffs over at MATY, but my brain is un-caffeinated right now, so I am not certain. Tongue

Hacks fix most stupid! YAY!!!

Toddler - The other white meat.
SMohtahn

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2007, 09:00:19 pm »

I made the dumb mistake of installing pets and seasons in the same day. So I had to get used to both environments in the same session in a new house.

I have new house built for seasons a 7 sim household, huge house on a huge lot entirely fenced in with "forbid pets on lot" selected for the gate. I am trying out the items that are first time for the sims like the hot tubs and poker tables.

7 sims are playing poker on two tables during my first rain storm complete with memory lagging lightning bursts and seemingly indoor rain??:

I cannot cancel their actions without them going back to the tables and playing the moment I cancel their actions.
I decide to delete both tables but this is not a simple task when the tables are the most popular item in the world right now to my sims.

I had to get one sim at a time to go downstairs to do something else and wait for their individual "use item" que to leave the chair so I could go into build and delete the chair.
Note that as soon as their actions are done, they rush back up to get on the poker table again!!
I did this one chair at a time, pausing to route new actions on each sim and restarting until I had one sim playing cards by himself.

While I was "herding" everyone out of the room I noticed that they all had decided to go the outside route to the downstairs area instead of taking the indoor stairs..

Two start having a pillow fight outside?? Meanwhile unbeknown to me, the others go off chasing a cat at the edge of the lot.
Later after I get them inside, not sure why they were out behind the house.. I make the mistake of having them get into the hot tub. (4 of them).
Three are done in the tub and while I'm getting one out because hes exhausted the others disappear some place.
I start to search for the missing sims and the one exhausted sim is given a quick ego boost from the ego mirror so I can get his needs quickly taken care of.
I start searching for the missing sims, and the wet sim runs outside in his swimsuit,  and helps me find the others because he wants to join in playing with the same cat AGAIN.
Within minutes, the sim who is outside in his swimwear without a coat catches the flu.
By forbidding pets, I apparently make the sims constantly leave the gate to go chase animals..
I am guessing that I need to reduce my household size in order to play seasons lol..
Byjinder

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2007, 10:27:21 am »

I absolutely hate when my sim takes the dead fish and walks all the way to the second floor bathroom to dispose of them when there's already a bathroom right there on the first floor! One time I was trying to get my dog to chase a robber from the house but she decided it was more important to wander off somewhere else and to insult to injury when the cop finally showed up she got beaten up by the robber. So much for protection. The only reason I didn't get anything stolen was because of the alarm I had in my house and in the car.

:coffee:Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and sweet as love--Turkish Proverb:coffee2:
Tomkat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 08:44:01 am »

Why cant they EVER just take the shortest most direct route to get somewhere?  
Like the morons they are mine keep orbiting their house to use the back door, even when the front door is the more direct route to the room the need to visit.  Then when they are near the back door and need to use a room closer to there they go all the way around the house to use the front door!! ARGGHHH!!!!

Then the kids decide to nap on the couches whenever I put them to bed...  They just get up again and go sleep on the couches instead.  It drives me insane! Then when I cancel that interaction, hoping that the horrible critters will just go to their own beds they bee-line for th parents' bedroom!  I have to lock them in their rooms at night time to get them to sleep in their own beds.  I hate sims. But I cant stop playing with them either...mmm....

But my ULTIMATE peeve of ALL TIME has to be the Lobster Thermador OBSESSION.  I have no other word for it.  The INSIST on ALWAYS making LOBSTER!! Even when they aren't really hungry, with justa quarter of the hunger meter empty the kitchens are always full of half-chopped lobsters.  Thats the time most sims die for their stupidity.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 02:57:06 pm »

What got me was the time my then pregnant female vampire was in the hallway. It was daytime, and for some reason she decided to walk out of the front door, out and back in again through the garage door, up the steps to take her back indoors, to about two or three tiles away from where she was standing, just so she could give birth >_< She was still smoking when the fourth arrived. That same vampire decided to take out the trash too some time later, again during the day. I didn't know it at the time because my attention was on another of this now large family, and when I next selected her she was indoors, but all her motives were critical - she was that close to making her poor hubby a widower. It wasn't until I noticed a passer-by complaining about the smell of trash outside that I realised that's what she'd tried to do >_<

No requests please
Elyssa

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2007, 12:03:05 pm »

UGH I just played uni through with 3 houses for my new story.  OMG they were throwing water balloons and family kissing ALL THE TIME!  I swear, kisskiss, throw the balloon...stomp the feet and throw another balloon, then kiss.

EVERYONE in the entire dorm was doing this.  I actually had to direct them to do other things because they were all just kissing all the time.  Yes, my Hogwarts story is a soap opera, but not -everyone- needs to snog constantly every day!
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2007, 12:11:27 pm »

Oh God yeah, I noticed that too! I thought for a moment it was the peck cheek thing I downloaded, but nooo... >_< Something else in Seasons that needs to be squished ¬_¬

No requests please
KacoshiAjewl

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 01:12:18 pm »

Quote from: Sadie79;759664
What got me was the time my then pregnant Vampire

Oh god dont get me started about vampires I had one that kept wakeing up in the middel of the day only to go stand outside. I dont remember if she ulimatly died of her stupidity or not XD That was my first vamp and I havent had one since. XDDD

"You told me today...that the demons are the good ones...then why do the angels try so hard to be good?"
"They say Angels are perfict...well I dont belive that Propganda spread by there leader the Dark witch..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: