Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 08:38:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The UI, cheats/hacks  (Read 2082 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
warhawke

No Longer Ever Watchful...

View Profile WWW
« on: March 29, 2007, 11:34:08 pm »

1.I just got seasons and this bothers me. The UI is different now. As in the picture, before I get more than 3 options (at once) of makeup to choose, now it's just 3 at a time. I really prefer when I can see more at once so it's easier to do comparison by just looking at it. Is that a fix feature or is there a way I can change it?

2. Is there a cheat to change the season? I can't be forwarding the speed all the time to get the season change from winter to spring! :doh: I tried looking but can't find any.

3. Due to forwarding the time to make it snow while leaving my sims outside, she froze . (That was really funny by the way :rofl: ) Is there a cheat/hack to change/keep their body temparature? Having to drink hot chocolate and putting their butt to the fire is not very practical and I really like to have them do snow angle in summer clothes without having them turning blue Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 01:33:57 am by warhawke » Logged

I long to be like you, Lie cold in ground like you
There's room inside for two
I'm not grieving for you, I'm coming for you

Warhawke Studios
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 01:35:41 am »

1.  The number of options you are provided are determined by the resolution your game is running at.  Change to a higher resolution and you'll get more options displayed.
2.  In the Neighborhood view, click on the Seasons icon in the upper left corner to set the seasons.  I'm not sure if that's what you're meaning, or if you want something to just change on the fly depending on what your want at that particular time.
3.  You could always have them make the snow angels in their outerwear, then use the Wardrobe Adjuster from InSim to instantly change what they are wearing for any storytelling you may be doing.  Or use the Health Adjuster to set their temperature as you want it.
warhawke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 03:06:24 am »

Change to a higher resolution and you'll get more options displayed.

Do you mean changing my pc resolution or the in game resolution? My pc is at 800x600 . So is my game. I tried to change the in game resolution, but I only have the 800x600 option. When I was playing pets, my pc was at 800x600. I can't remember at what size the game was, but I'm sure I had more option for the in game resolution before. Now I just have 800x600.

*click on the Seasons icon in the upper left corner to set the seasons

*I'm not sure if that's what you're meaning, or if you want something to just change on the fly depending on what your want at that particular time.

Never noticed that before. Thanks
Yes I wanted the seasons to change on command. I just found out about the "weather controller". That's what I wanted. I haven't tested it yet though.

use the Health Adjuster to set their temperature as you want it.

Yes! Thought the temperature does go down/up with time/exposure, it's still easier to change than having to drink hot chocolate all the time Cheesy

I have additional question:
Can I change the name of the neigbourhood in the neighbourhood folder? I had one custom neighbourhood before and it was labelled as N004 when I was playing using pets (because there were only 3 original neighbourhood). After installing seasons, it still labelled as N004, while the new seasons neigbourhood, Riverblossom Hill is labelled G001.

I deleted the custom neigbourhoor. So now I want to name them properly as Riverblossom Hill as N001, Pleasanview as N002, Strangetown as N003 and Veronaville as N004, becuase I think that's how it should have been.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 03:21:07 am by warhawke » Logged

Warhawke Studios
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 08:18:14 am »

The proper name for the folders are G001, N001, N002, and N003.
Micco

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 10:42:23 am »

1. If all you can do is 800x600 you will have to live with it until you upgrade your video card.

2. Seasons and Weather Controller

3. Check their temp with Simmometer, adjust with InSim's health adjuster as ancienthighway said.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 02:05:01 pm »

There's a "No Freezing or Overheating" hack by Carrigon at dinnerbell.

Your sim still gets hot and cold, but it keeps them from combusting or passing out from the temperature.

You have to register AND be logged in to even see Carrigon's section.  It's both free and well worth the effort.

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
warhawke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 08:23:25 pm »

Oh damn...I'm ginna need new video card? That sucks. I'm gonna have to live with it as long as the graphic is still usable for my vidoes Sad

Thanks for the explanation everyone. It's very helpful Cheesy

Warhawke Studios
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: