Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 11:06:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Still having some download problems..  (Read 1518 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jegembre

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2007, 02:02:40 pm »

Ok guys, after a file made my game crash a few times i ended up having to reinstall all the mods i got from here a few times, i even redownloaded them.

So now i have installed a bunch of stuff again, a few furniture sets, some wall coverings and floor's, and some things like the female BB mesh, huge BB mesh, etc.

But now some things just wont show up ingame, say for example i downloaded a gothic set with tables, chairs, etc, some of the parts work (just the 2 couches) some are there (tables) but wont work, meaning they are in the list, but i cant place them anywhere, and some just wont show up.

i got some wicked sci fi stuff like a TV and a computer, the TV shows up ingame and works, but the computer doesnt, i got those sci fi pillers and arch, they dont show up ingame.

any ideas why some work and some dont?

i know some files say they need to be put in the collections folder, but that doesnt seem to work either, is there any kind of faq that exactly tells you where to put what file, and if you need to put the whole folder, or just take the files out of the folder and put them alone?

please help, sorry for the annoying post.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 02:34:23 pm »

If I were you, I'd be making a list of the items that aren't working, then go back to where you downloaded them and start reading.  The initial posting and any user posts that may give you a clue.  Also see if there's a meaningful readme file in the compressed file (zip or rar).

One thing to pay attention to is EP compatibility.  Do you have all the EPs needed for the object to work?  Also is there a mod required for it to work that you missed.  

Try running Paladin's Hack Conflict Detection Utility.

It'll take some detective work on your part, but there's really no other way to figure it out.
jegembre

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 03:16:20 pm »

hmm, thats the odd part, even in say the gothic set, some seats work, but the tables dont, thats what i meant.

i put them all in the right folder, and i always check for anything about an expansion, and never see anything, do they think everyone has every expansion and dont need to say you need them?

cause i have no expansions now, even in some tutorial pics i see things that are not in my game, but not something like a mod, like more stairs, different foundations (the one that you can put in a house to make a level higher? what ep is that in?)

odd.
veash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 06:28:57 pm »

Quote from: jegembre;671910

cause i have no expansions now, even in some tutorial pics i see things that are not in my game

There's the problem, you're running just the base game with no expansion packs.  The items that you downloaded that aren't showing up are probably recolors of items introduced with the expansion packs.  Alot of creators don't list which EP's are required for their items to show up, each EP adds new content and it's hard to keep track of sometimes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: