Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 09:58:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question about custom skintone inheritence  (Read 1230 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
cwurts00

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2007, 08:43:29 pm »

I've read several different versions of the true nature of sim genetics, but it is about to become very important to my game, so I need to hear the answer from an expert on the subject.

I want to add a few dozen new skintones to my game and have them interact genetically with the s1-s4 skintones.  I understand that each skintone is assigned a number from 0 to 1, and the child inherits a skintone with a number anywhere between that of his two parents.  But I've heard that custom skintones can not be inherited if neither parent has that skintone.  What I want is the ability to assign a number to each of my custom skintones and have it inheritable as if it's a maxis default.  I know how to assign a number to a custom skintone using Simpe, but I don't know precisely how it works with inheritence.

Also, can you assign the same number to two different skintones without causing problems?
SimulatedDork

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 10:44:39 am »

I think you're looking for Maxis-replacements. You see, these replacements are CC, but still retain the s1-s4 assignment. So if your s4 sim has a child with a s1 sim, the child will have the replacement (e.g, not fugly) s2-3 (possibly s1 and 4 too, I am not sure). For a good starter - http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=128208

-Gemma-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: