Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 03:41:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with seasons install  (Read 2370 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
wiccadwitch

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2007, 11:28:21 pm »

Okay so i came here to read up before even trying to install seasons. I saved all my files and took out all my hacks. I was reading the install guide and saw a part that looked pretty important about NOT installing seasons in the same directory as the other sims2 game. So I made very sure not to do that. I tried launching the game and am getting nothing I get the seasons splash screen then it goes away and then ...nothing thats it. I open task manager and the program does not show up but if I try opening the game again I get the make sure sims2 or some other sims program is not running then try again screen. Again seasons DOES NOT show up in taskmanager even though apparently the system thinks it is running when I try to run the game again.
What i am afraid is that i misunderstood the thing about where to install the game. See I took it to mean not in the same directory period as in all my other sims2 expansions are under F:\Program Files\EA GAMES and then each has its own folder within that. When I installed seasons I took the warning about the directory to mean that directory as in F:\Program Files\EA GAMES
So when i installed it I installed it in K:\Program Files\EA GAMES
So again I think I may have misunderstood and I think my issues are because the game is just not being accessed properly since it is in such a different location than the other expansions. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me? I feel a bit silly obviously...
Henrik

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 11:34:54 pm »

It seems you did missunderstand the instructions. During install the game automatically suggests the correct folder, meaning /Program files/EA GAMES and that is the directory it needs to be in.

I think you can just uninstall seasons, it wont affect your game. Then install it in the correct folder specified above. The game will suggest the folder to you so just leave it as is during install.

That should work Smiley

Good luck Smiley

Find more of my creations at Wickedsims
SAVE JERICHO!!!
http://www.savejerichoagain.com
wiccadwitch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 11:40:36 pm »

thanks yeah I figured i took it too literally. I worry too much I think. It isn't like i don't have backups if I screw up after all. Thanks for the words of re-assurance I am doing the reinstall now.
dare2DV8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 11:51:50 pm »

Actually, I am having the exact same problem, and I let the EP install where it was originally suggested [C:/Program Files/EA GAMES]. I played it once after the install (when it asked if I wanted to launch the game), but now Seasons will simply not load when I click the shortcut to the game. Like was previously said, there's the splash screen, then nothing. I am considering uninstalling, then reinstalling and all that jazz. I'm just wondering what caused this in the first place?

Anyone have any more ideas?

Thanks.

Edit: Ok, I did the reinstall and Seasons still will not load at all. I have not found any sufficient solutions to this problem (I've only read about two other people reporting the same thing) and I do not know where to start looking for a solution myself.

I have my downloads in my game folder, but no hacks. My video card: Radeon 9600. If anyone has any ideas about what could be wrong, please let me know.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 11:00:25 pm by dare2DV8 » Logged
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 07:47:47 pm »

I have this problem too; I am going to reinstall tonight and see if that works, but since you say it didn't work for you I am wondering what the problem is. I have lots of memory, lots of RAM and all the rest of the bell and whistles. If anyone has any ideas, I am willing to try them.
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 10:21:30 pm »

I reinstalled and it works fine. The first time it installed my downloads etc were still there after the install. The second time they were gone, so I put the backupped files back in and it works fine. I have to guess the first install was an incomplete one and that is why it didn't work for me.
Ionopachys

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 03:36:03 pm »

I have the same problem, except that the game does show up in Task Manager for a few minutes while the light on the CD/DVD drive flashes.  When I removed the entire Documents/.../Sims2 folder, the game failed to recreate the various subfolders and files, except for the logs folder.  There it generated twenty files, all of them 0 kb and empty of information.  This has happened after a half dozen reinstalls, including one fresh install of the whole thing (base game and all EP's).  My computer more than meets the minimum specs.  I've updated everything that can be updated, and even downloaded that stupid Safedisk thing Maxis recommends.  At this point the game cannot be played.  As I said in my tech support request to maxis, if this can't be resolved, it looks like I'm done playing Sims.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: