Insimenator.org
April 26, 2024, 09:10:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm totally lost  (Read 2014 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
nut4nascar2

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2007, 05:21:35 pm »

I am hoping someone can help me.  I have downloaded some outfits for my Sims2 but they are not 34DDe which I use as the body shape.  I try exporting the outfit in bodyshop, then I export the 34dde nude body and copy and paste in the  projects folder.  When I go back into bodyshop, the top looks good but the pants look like leggings.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong to get the legging look?  This also happens with skirts, they look like shorts.  I have even tried manipulating them in paintshop but it doesnt work.

Thanks
marvine
Silent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 04:36:05 am »

Nut4nascar,

Clothing is made of several things: a 3D shape (the "mesh"), and a texture that is painted on it, above the skintone texture that the game applies automatically so the naked (untextured) parts aren't invisible.
If you export the 34dd nude body this means that the clothing you copy in the files will use a nude mesh; so the skirt and pants textures are just painted over the nude shape.
When you convert outfits with this method, you need to export two outfits with comparable shapes: a skirt for a skirt texture and so on. And you may have to edit the textures themselves before importing back so they match the shape better.
I hope this helps!
BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 06:53:16 am »

Nut4nascar2 - you should maybe take a look at this explanation by Jase: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=6567

He covers the concept of a mesh and how textures are placed on a mesh pretty thoroughly.  It should explain it enough to help you make a better mesh choice for your project Smiley

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: