Insimenator.org
April 25, 2024, 06:07:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW ISSUE  (Read 1357 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
trl

View Profile WWW
« on: April 02, 2007, 09:33:51 am »

I have recently changed from Internet Explorer to Firefox and, not always but many times, when I download a file it ends up with an empty RAR and the opened package file. I have it set to "save file to desk top". Is there something I can do to remedy this? I know I can simply drop the file into the proper folder but I prefer the file to remain intact until I choose to open and extract it. Any suggestions? Thankies in advance. :happy8:

Micco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 10:24:04 am »

I have seen many instances of an alleged 0 KB rar file that actually had what was supposed to be in it. For some reason sometimes Winblows gets confused or it may just be having a hissy because you are using an alternative. Try extracting the file before you believe the file size shown.

Woohoo U is now CLOSED.
trl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 12:03:54 pm »

Thanks so much for your help, Micco. I tried switching back to Internet Explorer and it didn't do that so it was definitely Firefox and my settings for how to handle the downloads. Many thanks again!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: