Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 03:10:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Installing Sims  (Read 2145 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jaygen

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2007, 02:35:55 pm »

I recently lost all my sims from a uninstall, now I want to re-install all of my Sims that I downloaded. Is there a way to install all of them at once instead of each one individually? I currently use Sims 2Pack Clean Installer. I have hundreds of Sims and it takes forever putting them back in the game, please hlp, thanks!
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 04:46:44 pm »

If you were to install all of your sims games at the same time, it would take an incredible amout of CPU, which means you cannot. Base and each EP were made to be one at a time. Yes it is riggerous, but the only way. All clean installer does is list what is in your downloads folder and what you wish to enable or disable.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
jaygen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 05:11:27 pm »

I meant installing actual Sim characters, not the game itself. I have about a hundred or so Sims that I downloaded and was wondering if there is a quick way to install all of them at once.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 11:39:11 pm »

If there is such a program, it would be a variation of Sims2Pack Clean Installer.  Have you checked there?

Well, there could be other programs too, like Sims 2 File Maid, but everything I've heard about that makes it a do not recommend on my list.
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 02:37:35 am »

Right Ancient, Sim File Maid works by dragging a good amount of files all at once. For sims, they come in packages, which need individual opening.

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
veash

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 05:42:50 pm »

I feel your pain especially if all those sims are in sims2pack form.  I found a program at MTS2 called Multi-Sims2Pack Installer.  I haven't tried it but here's the link:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=37577
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: