Insimenator.org
March 19, 2024, 06:24:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP me if you can  (Read 1944 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« on: April 05, 2007, 03:51:36 am »

OMG I don`t know what to do.
Yesterday I wanted to install a newer version of Sims2Pack Clean Installer from Modthesims but first I had to delete the old version on my computer. I did so and then I installed the new version...but but but, I cant`t run it because it keeps telling me that I have to delete the previous one. I have deleted it and I still get the same message. I can`t live without Sims2Pack Clean installer. What shall I do?? How can I get rid of a former installation that I already have deleted???

Please Help.

Llial

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 07:05:42 am »

Hum......

I don't know what you did, when you deleted it. But I can tell you what I'm ususally doing to get rid of a program.
I go to the Control Panel and select Ad or Remove Programs, then I select the program that needs to be deleted and delete it. After that I go to the program files and look for a folder of that partikular program and if there is still one and some leftovers I  delete that then manually.

I hope I could help you.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 09:24:51 am »

Just manually deleting the folder/program in windows explorer does not update the windows registry.  The proper way would be with the uninstall program that came with the one you're deleting if it has one, or through the control panel as Llial mentioned.

Do that with the version you just installed, then reinstall it and see if that clears up the problem.
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 04:39:15 pm »

Thank you both. I have tried to do it that way but I still get the message that it is still there even if it`s not?? There is no folder left containing Sims2Pack.

Pilotpigen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 04:41:59 pm »

Have you tried to search for it?

Visit SYNAPTIC SIM'S LAIR

WANT ANY OF MY CREATIONS? FIND THEM IN THE LAIR

I AM NOT A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY ANYMORE - JUST GETTING MY STUFF
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 10:20:23 pm »

Ok, having tried deleting the new version the correct way and you still have the conflict, you'll have to edit the windows registry.

• Uninstall Clean Installer.
  • Click Start, Run, and type in regedit.
  • In the Registry Editor that opens, locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the left hand window and expand it.
  • Now locate SOFTWARE and expand it.
  • Scroll down the list until you find Sim2Pack Clean Installer.  Right click on it and select Delete.  Do this for all that you find.  For some reason I have two identical listing for it.  You may have two listings that aren't identical.
  • Close the Editor, then install Clean Installer again.

If this doesn't work, you'll probably need to ask at MTS2.
Missaldith

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 03:46:49 am »

Thank you Ancienthighway. That helped. You don`t know how happy I am now.
THANKS!

* 36_1_13.gif (11.3 KB, 50x45 - viewed 199 times.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: