Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 02:07:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Snowing In Spring?  (Read 4700 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
NeitherSparky

View Profile WWW
« on: April 03, 2007, 06:36:11 pm »

I'm sorry if this has been addressed but I can't find it.

I've only been playing with Seasons for a couple days; I want to take one Maxis household through an entire year of the four seasons in their standard order before I go fool around with my custom neighborhood etc. (Lol the Oldies are my guinea pigs). Anyways so it's three days into Spring, and it's *still* snowing. Frequently. My Prima guide says it only is supposed to snow in winter. I'm tired of the snow; my lake is still frozen and I want to send Herb out fishing. :sad1:  The fruit trees are no longer dormant so I know that the game knows it's not winter anymore...but wasn't it supposed to stop snowing by the end of the first day of Spring? The forecast has said rain, but I always get snow instead.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 06:42:14 pm »

Just as in real life, seasonal weather occurs outside of the season.  This is quite normal.
NeitherSparky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 08:41:25 pm »

Well okay, thanks. Smiley I might have missed where it said that in the Prima guide; I was looking under the description of Snow and it said it only occurred in Winter.
plaidedbra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 08:45:19 pm »

If it makes you feel better, it's April 3rd in Maine, and the ground is covered with snow.

it's a plaid plaid plaid plaid world...
NeitherSparky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 11:41:24 pm »

Quote from: miss_emmie;673870
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]well, in the the sims 2 guide which comes with the game, I am shore it said it can rain any time during spring, if that helps.[/COLOR]

I said it was *snowing* not raining. In that particular game, it ended up snowing at least a little every day throughout Spring, the pond remaining frozen. It didn't stop, and the pond didn't unfreeze, until Summer.
weetzie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 12:23:31 am »

If you read the manual that comes with the game, it says that the different types of weather can occur in all seasons, and it's perfectly possible for it to even snow in the middle of summer, although it's not hugely likely. If the Prima Guide says it can only snow in Winter, it's lying through its teeth. The weather is designed so that as the next season draws near, the current season can pick up some of the next season's characteristics. That's why you sometimes get snow in Fall or Spring, or you get butterflies and lightning bugs in them.

I've had it snow in Spring plenty of times. Just like real life, the weather is unpredictable. That's also why the weatherman isn't always right with what he says.

Oh, and I know this isn't what you're describing, but there's also an issue where if you change the season rotation for the neighbourhood, it makes the game a little screwy. I got sick of winter and changed it to summer while my pond was frozen.. it stayed frozen until halfway through fall.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:27:06 am by weetzie » Logged

Coffee coffee coffee! Come on and drink it up!
Coffee coffee coffee! Nirvana in a cup!
I used to be a peon, just a worthless wad of gristle
'Til I replaced my brain cells with instant Folger's crystals!
xoJessi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 06:25:04 pm »

Yeah I thought a hack or something was conflicting with my game when I seen snow so your definitly not alone. :lol:

My Sims Journal/Photo Album Come see what my sims are up to!

Real Sims
Sims Oasis
Franky

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 04:33:59 pm »

I noticed a little snow in spring, but no accumulations. Also, in winter, I've noticed nice sunny weather. The household I'm playing had a relatively mild winter with only one major snowfall.
brad2006

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 07:57:07 am »

My pond does froze thru spring,but only once,it melted the 3rd day of spring in the second year,so yeah,its unpredictable,n it does snow in spring
shayshaymaynot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 05:37:26 pm »

I came here looking for just this topic!  Installed Seasons yesterday & we're having snow in Riverblossom in the summer! We'll wait it out and see if fixes itself.

Thanks for such a great site for tips!  I'm a lurker, seldom posting, but thoroughly enjoy the Insim.  I don't know if I could play the game w/out it now...addicted!:rabbit:
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 05:41:34 pm »

It can snow during any season if it's cold enough.
chriskay

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 08:42:15 am »

I could have sworn that on the game tips it was mentioned that...during the transition of the seasons, you can have like...two kinds of weather in the seasons. Like in the earlier of Spring, there's a possibilities that snowfalls occurs, and during the near-end of Summer, the cold effect in Fall also starts to occur.

I think it's called cross-quarter days?
angelad428

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 09:07:57 pm »

Quote from: britishblond55;774735
PLEASE HELP!... i have gotten sims 2 seasons about a month ago and i have tons of downloads of fruniture and dressers but when i go to plan/change my sims outerwear it doesn't even show up! Also when i try a dresser included in the game(NOT a download) it pops up, "DeBug outfit test" when i select the dresser.. Please help!:(

I dont know what to tell you about the Maxis dresser. Do you have the boolProp cheats on or something? As for the downloaded ones, nothing you can really do about that. If they were made before Seasons came out, they wont have that option.
FallenAngel86

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 09:10:22 pm »

eventhough it is not common, here we do sometime get snow in June. It did this year and just a few years ago. Usually by mid April we can say winter is over. It usually when we get our last bit of snow. Frost still happens in May. We have a very short spring cause by mid june it can feel like summer.

Vote Ron Paul For President and save America and your Rights and Liberty RonPaul2008  
In 2008 make your vote count. Vote Ron Paul.
HOPE For America.  myspace-ronpaul
tngrspacecadet

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 07:44:57 am »

i also like it that the weather is not predictable.

there is an algorythmrhtm... thingy that the game uses to decide what the weather is going to be. :blob6:

and yes, my aspiration really is grilled cheese :tongue8:
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: