Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:24:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few "advanced" problems that are bugging me at the moment...  (Read 2455 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« on: April 04, 2007, 05:38:19 pm »

I know.  I'm just riddled with problems.  The first one is somewhat of a minor one, while the second one is a little more important...  I may need to see the Computer Gods about these.  Sad

Log Descriptions:

1.)  Before my game "died,"  I always had an issue where an error box would pop up after the lot would load, saying it had an object error with the Athletic's Career, or something to that effect.  I have an error log for it, but I can't seem to pin-point what mod I have that could be causing that.  (I'm error log illiterate.  :oops:)  Any ideas what it could be?  I'll list whatever mods I have once I boot up Sims2Pack Clean Installer once more, if needed.

2.)  Another issue... well, I'm lucky I'm able to see the Season's Auto Run Splash screen.  Then I get this lovely little blank box with a red X on the side, and after I close it, nothing else happens.  I could say the exact same for Bodyshop, only without the splash screen and "error" box popping up. I do have error logs for this, but as I said above, I don't quite understand what the problem is and if it's fixable without an un-install.  I plan on re-installing Seasons anyways, but since I don't have the second CD with me, I'm pretty much stuck.  Everything was fine this morning while I was searching for whatever was causing my snow to flash blue and black, so I may have done something wrong while I was doing so.  :dontknow:

Both error logs are attached.  Anyone willing to offer a bit of advice on these?  Definitely not expecting anyone to respond immediately, since I'm puzzled myself.  :smt120

I know that the answer to my second one will probably have to be a re-installation of Seasons, but if that's not the case, at least it's here for future reference.  :read2:  

As always, your help is greatly appreciated!  :angel:

* ObjectError_N005_t3526.txt (31.55 KB - downloaded 141 times.)
* Sims2Exception 2007.04.04 17.15.24.txt (8.57 KB - downloaded 161 times.)

tylersada

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 07:05:27 pm »

I think someone like ancienthighway needs to look at these.  I took a peek at the objectError N005 t3526.txt.  I can tell you have some hacks or careers, but can't make heads or tails of the real problem.  I'm like you that's just plain greek.

Sims Mommy
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 08:35:51 pm »

my error problem (only it was the culinary career) was a career hack that still said culinary in it so I deleted it and no more problem. I found it using simpe and just looking. Can't help with the other one.
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 11:02:10 pm »

With the little I can read of the log files, my only guess would be you have some custom careers in the game.  With Seasons introducing new careers and majors for Uni, I wouldn't be surprised if existing custom ones broke.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 06:13:31 am »

Okay.  I'll disable any custom career jobs I may have downloaded when I get my game back in order.  Hopefully I'll be able to find that other disk without having to buy another Seasons pack.  Thanks for the tip!  :angel:

Rue

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 07:59:00 am »

I had the very same problem with the athletic career and then found out it was in fact a downloaded "teacher" career I´ve had for ages that wasn´t compatible with anything after nightlife. You can test your custom careers one by one.

As for the red x, have you tried deleting things like groups.cache and accessory.cache from your Sims 2 folder? Typically this is the first thing to try.

Read my story:
Awakening
Thiede won the spot of bassist in: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27739 WHITE CLAUDIA
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 07:22:01 pm »

I did delete the groups.cache and accessory.cache files, but doing all that didn't help at all.  It's all good with the game now, since I re-installed it, but I'm still trying to figure out the first error log.  I can't seem to find the mod causing it, and I have all of my careers disabled.  I think I'm getting close to the problem, though.  :angel:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 07:31:50 pm by Tenshii~Akari » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: