Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 05:48:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hair problem and flashing accessories  (Read 2320 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Rue

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2007, 07:54:59 am »

I have two problems that appeared after installing seasons.

1) nearly all of the bigger accessories are now blue and floating in the air rather than attached to the sim´s hand (for example spears and swords from Rosesims)

2) I cannot seem to be able to assign hairstyles to different types of clothing. Whatever I choose, it changes the hair in ALL of the cathegories.

I do have the game patched.

Read my story:
Awakening
Thiede won the spot of bassist in: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27739 WHITE CLAUDIA
Ailias

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 12:56:48 pm »

2) Strange It works to me fine
May be that only occures with custom hair meshes? Try compare Maxis and custom to  assign

1)
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=202569
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 01:01:26 pm by Ailias » Logged

neodarkside

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 11:53:40 pm »

1) That method doesn't work for me, tried it and a few other fixes, none worked. Really bums me out, I have some really need ascessories.
Ailias

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 09:10:38 am »

If you rechange appaearance taking off all access-s in Glasses Section then you should put them all again - it should work you bet Wink

bungee_rope

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 10:14:30 am »

2) Are you assigning a certain color for 'everyday' or 'formal' and then choosing a hair style under the 'custom' bin for everything else? I have found that if I choose - say - hair from the black bin for everyday, and then something out of the custom bin for formal(et cetera), it tends to change the hair style for ALL of the outfits and I have to go back and change it to my first choice. Sorry if this doesn't make sense!

"What if the wife bashes him over the head with a frying pan and then chops him up into hundreds of tiny pieces with her shiny new carving knife?"
"No! It's a family show!"
"Okay, then what if she does it to the whole family?"--RADIOLAND MURDERS
neodarkside

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 05:50:54 pm »

Quote from: Ailias;681075
If you rechange appaearance taking off all access-s in Glasses Section then you should put them all again - it should work you bet Wink

Yes that does work, however, I have townies using various accessories, and when they show up downtown or in a community lot with flashing blue stuff on them, its kinda annoying. Also it gets tedious doing it every time you load up a family with someone who has them. I never had this problem up till loading Seasons. It now seems to be alternating which accessories works and which ones don't. One item, a jacket, works perfectly, but a pair of wings that did before, now appear blue flashing. I don't understand it Sad
weetzie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 05:56:50 pm »

There's a good chance that some of the accessories are bugging out because of some issues where in the past, if an accessory is missing the "lens" layer but still has it assigned to the object, then the game used to ignore the layer and it would work fine. I noticed that after Pets came out, the game no longer ignores the empty layer, and instead objects turn up blue and flashing. You may want to see if the accessories giving you problems have updated meshes.

Coffee coffee coffee! Come on and drink it up!
Coffee coffee coffee! Nirvana in a cup!
I used to be a peon, just a worthless wad of gristle
'Til I replaced my brain cells with instant Folger's crystals!
Rue

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 10:27:19 pm »

So. Everything is even worse. Sad

1) The flashing absolutely cannot be avoided. It does still happen when I change their appearance again. Actually, it does not only happen to sims that USED to be in game before seasons, it also happens to those I make now. Crap.

2) Also, the hair problem got even worse. Before, I thought that I only cannot assign hair to occasions... I thought, okay, it is stupid because I was overjoyed with the possibility, but I will survive like I did before. Now I found out another disastrous thing: When I create a new sim and pick one I had made previously in bodyshop, they often appear wearing a different hair than the one I had assigned to them in bodyshop. Usually it is the hair the randomly generated sim (the first that pops out when you click male or female cathegory) was wearing. Its bloody annoying. The hairs went totally crazy. Sad

OH: and weetzie...its apparently not even just a problem of updated meshes, because I have wings that do show on sara´s mesh, and wings that do not show on the same mesh.

Read my story:
Awakening
Thiede won the spot of bassist in: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27739 WHITE CLAUDIA
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: