Insimenator.org
April 18, 2024, 06:16:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sim Object Error  (Read 1703 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
y2krobie

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2007, 07:42:33 pm »

Today whenI started my game one of my sims was acting werid she wouldnt take a shower or go to work and she wouldnt get in the car everytime I clicked for her to do either of those things she would just frezze and not move for a bit and her plubbob thing would disapear and reappear.
I was using maxis objects to when trying to make her do those things not any cc.
I have not installed/downloaded anything new I was playing the game for hours yesterday and no problem but today I have this issue, I used the testing cheats and here is what it says, how can I fix this?
I took out my downloads and it still does the same thing I ran the hack detection tool and no problems.

I really hope someone can help me out
Thanks in advance Smiley

« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 09:49:47 pm by y2krobie » Logged

MissDoh

Back for more!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 09:57:08 pm »

Uploadiing the report mention in the window along with your post will help knowing more about the error.

Can you join it please.
y2krobie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 01:50:34 am »

Hi,
I hope tihsi s what your looking for Smiley

* ObjectError_N001_t2378.txt (75.87 KB - downloaded 177 times.)

jase439

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 05:38:45 pm »

I just happened to see your post and thought I would comment.  I researched your error log and this is what I was able to come up with.

The game is trying to assess Linda's gender preference with another sim that was recently on this lot and perhaps disappeared (maybe a Townie or NPC that walked by? or a household member that moved out?)  The game is attempting to look at the character file assigned to this sim to determine whether they are male or female.  The character file for this sim is apparently missing or corrupted.  Hence the error.  Strangely, there doesn't appear to be anybody else on the lot at the time this error was generated.

You stated that you have removed all of your hacks, but this log file shows evidence of several hacks having been installed in your game.  Including a visitor controller by TwoJeffs and an NPC hack by ChristianLov for starters.  Possibly this sim is living in a home/lot you downloaded off the Exchange?  It is very common for lots on the Exchange to become contaminated with "bits and pieces" of mods from the author's computer.  Perhaps one of these hack fragments contains a reference to a sim that doesn't even exist in your neighborhood.

I might recommend that you move Linda off this lot and into a new one.

Hope this is of some help to you.  It's a little vague, but the error is kind of vague and doesn't really add up given the scenario you've described.

J

"Craaaazy...toys in the attic...I am craaaazy...truly gone fishing...they must have taken my marbles away..."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: