Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 08:07:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue screen!!  (Read 8477 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Anita du Preez

View Profile
« on: April 09, 2007, 12:47:12 pm »

I read the sticky written by Beosboxboy at the top of this thread, twice! The problem that I am (still) encountering is the following: During gameplay the screen turns blue but the hourglass is rotating. Most of the times I can still hear the sound of what was/is currently going on in my game. After a while the screen comes back and the game can continue. At times this happens when I am trying to save the game. Mostly though, it happens during play. Sometimes,though not that often, the game crashes totally.
 I run my PC on WindowsXP Prof, have an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor3200+ 2.00GHz 1.00 GB Ram, and  Nvidia GeForce7600GS.If the driver that is installed with the game is the right one, I suppose I have that too.
I do have custom content in my game,and hacks - mostly those done by Squinge, and a few by DJSims.  All with the green light that they are compattible with Seasons.I have removed them and put them back one by one. The problem persists!
I am getting very frustrated by this occurence, and I do hope that there would be an answer to my problem!!:sad4:
Anita du Preez

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 03:29:49 pm »

No, I spent quite a lot of money to upgrade it. Did so last year September. But with technology changing so fast, it may be considered by some as old. I'm not to sure what screencard I have in my PC. Will check it out.
nicky689

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 07:51:43 am »

I would attempt to upgrade your driver for your graphics card as these need updating regularly.
I had this problem and was solved.
Simsane

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 03:49:26 am »

I have this problem as well and I have read about this problem at many different Sims2 websites, include EA's bbs.  According to a post at EA's tech forum, this is happening with many Nvidia cards, and Nvidia is trying to fix the problem.  From nicky689's post, I get the impression that perhaps they have.  I'll have to check to see if my driver needs updating, but I did update it as soon as I installed Seasons (about a week after it came out) so I am not sure there is a newer driver available.  Good luck!
LittleRed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 02:41:16 pm »

Yes, mine does this as well when it starts snowing or raining.  I am also using a NVIDIA Geforce FX 5500 PCI 256Mb Video Card.  I have a new Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS 256MB coming (got it new off eBay brand new for 60.00 including shipping!).  

I wish I would have know Nvidia was having this issue....I would have gotten another brand of card.

I have also noticed that when I fish...I cannot see the fish on the ground or in the pond or fish tanks etc...even w/shaders on/off.

My computer is well up to date with everything else...I was hoping the newer graphics card would help solve the problem....perhaps not. Sad
unclesparks
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 03:38:06 pm »

Anita, its posible you don't have enough RAM.  When the game is running, tab back and go to task manager.  How much memory is the game using? Mine uses between 600-900MB depending on the lot I'm on. I have 2GB RAM so its not an issue but if I have something running in the background and my processor is being stupid I can get the same thing. I have dual nVidia GeForce7600GS 256MB video cards and have never had a driver issue or any problems that others have reported. Granted, I never added Seasons, so maybe I will if I ever get it.

Its entirely possible that RAM is not the problem though, in which case I may not be able to help you. What ep do you have?
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 03:48:44 pm »

I know I shlouldn't be posting here due to my lack of knowledge about video cards. But it has happened to me, the blue screen and I just gave the computer  some time and it came back. I talked to a friend of mine who works with computers and he said I should upgrade my memory. Maybe the same thing which happened to me is happening to you.

I used to be Nyxie
SkeleBear

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 04:09:49 pm »

A few tips that I learned while fighting with both my own and my wife's computers when they were doing the same thing.

1) Your 'Virtual Memory' should be set to about three or four times that of your RAM (i.e. 1GB of RAM should equal 4096MB of 'Virtual Memory').

2) Make sure you have the latest drivers and software for your graphics adapter (card). It's advisable to check back with the manufacturer's website every so often, maybe once a month, to see if they've updated the drivers or software (ATI has done this a few times with their Catalyst Control Panel software).

3) Make sure that your display (monitor) has the appropriate driver installed, and not the default 'Plug & Play Monitor' driver. You may need to locate the manufacturer and model number of your display and then download the monitor driver.

4) Remember that excessive trees and mirrors can slow a lot down considerably as they are graphics hogs. Experience has also taught me that lots with 'playable basements' can sometimes cause glitches or delays.

Just a few tips, and hopefully my bad experiences can help you to eliminate yours.

Good luck.

Simsane

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 12:52:42 am »

LittleRed, when you get your new Nvidia card, you will be able to see the fish and the x-ray (snow) cursor, etc.  I only have an Nvidia 6600 GT and I can see all of those things now.   But, I do still get the blue screen occasionally and I did go and check to see if I had the latest drivers installed and I do.  I also went to a place that's supposed to be able to check your computer to see if it will play the game (you pick which game from a list) and it said I had more than enough of everything.  It's not cc as it happened when my folder was removed as well.  As I said earlier, Nvidia is working on it apparently.  Some Nvidia people don't have a problem, others do.
candelapintos

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2007, 04:43:41 pm »

hi people, here from argentina, i have the same big problem if someone know something about something hahah, please tell it here, im desperate! i wanna play!
candelapintos

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 08:48:40 pm »

people please, i continue with this big problem after a month.
i download the last drivers of nvidia and nothing happens, the blue screen continues .

Help please!!!!
Mado

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2007, 01:59:42 am »

That happens to me when I start up a neighborhood. The screen rotates and flashes blue then finally settles down so I can click on something.

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]
Nothing is a mistake. Everything is meant to be.[/COLOR]

:lurk: I like to lurk around the sims 2 boards, so if you see me on one, feel free to say hello! ~Mado.
candelapintos

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 12:38:58 pm »

hi people! i continue with this problem for three month and a half right now!! My god, im going crazy!
I just have updated the nvdia drivers, but nothing happens. After being playing for 25 minutes, the screen just turns blue for 5 minutes. And do this about 4 or 5 times, then the monitor turns off.
Help me please!!! I beg youuuuu!!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 12:56:40 am »

Your computer needs more memory/RAM.  Do you have your virtual memory paging files set to the highest it can go?  If you check out Paladin's Palace under his tutorials section, you can find out how to set your virtual memory, and a few other tips to help with performance.  It may help a little bit, but the main problem with the blue "Refresh" screen, as I like to call it, is basically not having enough physical RAM to keep the game running properly.  :angel:

candelapintos

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 08:12:11 am »

but what it what you exactly called "more ram". I have 768 MB (512 + 256). Im just going to buy a new one, one of 1GB and let the 512MB.
I hope this cando solve my problem. What do you think?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: