Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 02:43:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue screen!!  (Read 8474 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Sam the T-man
Formerly known as Sadie

On hiatus from Insim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 08:22:22 am »

The more the merrier - I've got 2GB in mine and it's running fine. Also make sure your card has a good amount of memory too, you need at least 128MB.

No requests please
Cathy

Call me Annie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 04:13:28 pm »

I recently bought a nVidia GeForce6200 256MB video card and it works perfectly! I can't complain at all... An my RAM is *only* 256... upgrading soon, hopefully. I don't have these problems...

I used to be Nyxie
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 09:30:40 am »

Just the same, I'm stuck with 1 GB of RAM and 256 MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 for my laptop.  Not sure if it'll take more than that, but if it does, you can bet that's the first thing I spend my paycheck on!  I'm seeing glitchiness in my graphics and the blue screen a lot more often these days...  :icon9:

candelapintos

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 11:00:39 am »

well im really confused now, i dont know what would resolve the blue screen problem and what not, and here in the third world the money is a big problem.
my graphic card is an nvidia 6200 256mb, well... i hope giving it more RAM it will work fine....
candelapintos

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 08:03:21 am »

well, i have an AMD too, i think is 3200 or something like that. i will check the boxes and find the page. and try.... thanks you!
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 06:05:54 pm »

:doh:  I have an Intel(R) Core Duo processor... all the free optimization compilers they have for it on the main site are Evaluation Only... I sure would like to have something to stop my blue screens for sure, but doggone if I didn't have to spend all my personal money on gas and food, I'd buy it.  Now if I can only figure out which one I'd have to download if I did.  :lol:

Thanks for that little tip, gadreams.  :angel:

candelapintos

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 08:30:24 am »

well, my AMD was a 2800 socket 754.
I downloaded the updates... but nothing happens, at just 20 minutes the blue screen appears again.
My next step is to buy a 1gb ram.... and cross my fingers
FallenAngel86

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2007, 05:44:32 pm »

I sometime have the same problem and I have 2GB of RAM

Vote Ron Paul For President and save America and your Rights and Liberty RonPaul2008  
In 2008 make your vote count. Vote Ron Paul.
HOPE For America.  myspace-ronpaul
Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2007, 06:49:15 pm »

My computer firm has partnerships with AMD and Intel, and we are also a certified repair center.  I may be able to get it for you and zip and send.  Let me know which one you need.  If you don't hear from me, PM me, I sometimes forget what post I saw where.  I have Core 2 and 4 sticks of 1 G rambus ram with nVidia 8500GeForce and have had no problems.

Those who are looking at adding ram, check if you are using ddr or ddr2 - even if you upgraded recently, your motherboard may not support ddr2 ram.  Since ddr ram is slower, you will need more of it.  DDR is previous generation and a lot of users are having trouble with it not only with Sims but with WOW as well.

Hope that helps.
:happy8:

Quote from: TenshiiAkari12;806784
:doh:  I have an Intel(R) Core Duo processor... all the free optimization compilers they have for it on the main site are Evaluation Only... I sure would like to have something to stop my blue screens for sure, but doggone if I didn't have to spend all my personal money on gas and food, I'd buy it.  Now if I can only figure out which one I'd have to download if I did.  :lol:

Thanks for that little tip, gadreams.  :angel:
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2007, 10:54:18 pm »

Nice!  I'm not sure exactly what type of RAM my laptop is using, but I did find the correct type on the official Dell website...

As for the optimizers, I still have no idea which one to get.  I may have some computer sense, but I don't get exactly which one of the optimizers would help boost my gameplay... :dontknow:  Thanks for the offer, cptsmurphy!  :angel:

candelapintos

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 01:52:56 pm »

i have ddr..... well, i live in the third world so....
Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 06:43:37 pm »

Quote from: TenshiiAkari12;814989
Nice!  I'm not sure exactly what type of RAM my laptop is using, but I did find the correct type on the official Dell website...

As for the optimizers, I still have no idea which one to get.  I may have some computer sense, but I don't get exactly which one of the optimizers would help boost my gameplay... :dontknow:  Thanks for the offer, cptsmurphy!  :angel:

If you want to PM your PC specs, I'll research and let you know.  

IE - Motherboard Model #
Processor - include ghz
Video Card - Type and amount of memory

Also, if you go to DJ Sims website, he has The Compressorizer and it will shrink your downloads significantly with no game issues.  I use it before I load any cc.  It is absolutely awesome.  This will help speed up your game and well since the files will be smaller.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 06:44:42 pm by Armywife » Logged
candelapintos

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007, 11:06:56 am »

what is exactly the adress of DJ Sims website?
Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007, 07:38:35 pm »

http://www.djssims.com/

Here you go.  It has a lot of really great tools as well.
Armywife

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007, 06:06:32 am »

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=239584

Here is a new set of drivers for nVidia video cards.  Read the article and get the drivers from MTS2 for blue screen issues.  Hope this helps some of you!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: