Insimenator.org
April 27, 2024, 04:43:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do i put sims package files  (Read 1580 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
ferrischick99

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2007, 04:25:25 pm »

Ok im moving some families from this computer on to a faster one with a better graphics card. I went through and packaged the sims in an empty lot, removed the empty lot with clean installer and then moved them to zip files to make it easy to open with Q-express onto the other computer. Now this may be a dumb question but do I put the package files into my downloads folder or my saved sims folder. I figured saved sims but then I was wondering where do I find the sims after that in the game?

Visit Sims 2 Avenue for all of your Sims Housing Needs
[/B][/COLOR]
I'm happier than a tornader in a trailer park!
ferrischick99

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 07:21:58 pm »

Ok all of my files moved to the new computer like my custom clothing and hair, but i had to re make the whole sim anyone know what I did wrong?

[/B][/COLOR]
ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 08:02:31 pm »

If you still have everything installed on the original computer, copy the My Documents\Ea Games\The Sims 2 folder to a CD or DVD, then use the CD to copy it onto the new computer.  Everything should be the way you had it then.
ferrischick99

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 08:41:11 pm »

I was going to do that in the first place but its just for the sake of a story that I'm working on that needs to be updated but its too impossible to play it on my lap top since it goes so slow, I was putting it on my husbands computer and he doesn't want all of my stuff on his computer, I'm getting a desktop someday just depends on money. Basically I couldnt go that route but I wish i could have.

[/B][/COLOR]
veash

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 07:15:25 pm »

If you put them in the SavedSims folder, they will show up in Create A Family as premade sims (above the line to enter their name, there's an option to randomize and then the one you want: choose existing sim).  Their appearance would be the same, but you would have to name them again and choose their aspirations, family links, etc...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: