Insimenator.org
March 29, 2024, 06:13:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Delphy's Download Organiser  (Read 16998 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 08:01:45 am »

so this IS actually a useful little program??? hmmm ... I might toddle off and RTFM then

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
veash

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 04:06:23 pm »

Rogue, an orphan is just what you said, a recolor without any mesh,  but it can also be a mesh with no recolors, which you'd never see ingame, because meshes don't show up in-game unless they have a recolor.  When you delete items in-game, you're actually removing the recolors, but leaving the mesh.  The orphan scanner does tend to pick up a few non-orphans, out of over 700 that it found for me, I did notice about 8 items that weren't actual orphans, so care is needed when using it.
Overall, it's a great utility.  The more I use it and learn about it, the more I like it.  I've noticed since this thread was started, Delphy has posted several newer versions, so it's still a work in progress.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 04:08:31 pm by veash » Logged
PegasusDiana

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 04:37:59 pm »

The new version is great, it sends the files to the recycle bin, so in case you accidently remove something you need. I used the first version and just deleted all it found. Apparently it doesn't like any default replacements because it removed them all and now I don't have any Maxis swimwear for my men so all I get is a floating head and I am SOL. All that is left is little blue boxes and I can't find that file again. I also don't have a plantsim skin so I have to go and find another default replacement or have just a plantsim head. I fixed the swimsuit issue by downloading more swimwear for men, which keeps them from swimming as just a head. lol I should have checked them all but I didn't I went through about half then just deleted them all. Like Veash said you just have to watch what it wants to delete Delphy is still updating and improving on it. I just wish I had known if you use a default replacement then later decide you don't want it forget it or you won't have that part of the game. It doesn't just bring back the default, I would never have used any default replacements. Which is why I am SOL unless I want to loose everything uninstall, reinstall. Or that some default replacements can also keep you from using the patches to update the game.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.
                                         -Luciano de Crescenzo
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 07:14:10 pm »

veash - Thanks for the info!

I just downloaded it a day or two ago, so I probably have the newest version.
Squinge
Spamming Dork
Admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 07:34:50 pm »

Shush trigger Tongue

If you have a question about my mods post it here
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 07:43:56 pm »

Hey, you shush if you're not going be helpful. Tongue
veash

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2007, 01:40:02 pm »

Delphy released another update today:  4/27
timberario

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2007, 01:59:42 pm »

i just used it to scan my downloads and it said i have no orphans.  but i know i have recolors without meshes cus they show up as default in cas.  im confused... Sad
veash

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 03:27:30 pm »

I'm thinking that might be the infamous Maxis thumbnails bug.  You can try deleting the Thumbnails folder from mydocuments/eagames/thesims2, but be warned, this will slow down your game in CAS until the thumbnails are all refreshed.
Marn39

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2007, 12:23:01 am »

this is going to sound alittle stupid, but can someone explain - subfolders, are they folders you place inside your download folder,and if so,  will the items place in the subfolders still show up in the game.
Ali
Short, fat n Cuddly!
Admin

I got a luverly bunch of c.... oops, wrong site!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 06:17:41 am »

yes, Marn39 that's correct, subfolders are folders within another. If you have EPs from Nightlife onwards then you can subfolder your downloads to organise them better and yes, they will show up in your game

"They're a rum lot, the Yorkshire folk. You can't fool them, you certainly can't get away with much and they call a spade a spade. Or rather, they call a spade 'a bloody shovel'" Mark Addy
Marn39

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2007, 06:50:06 am »

thankyou Aliwag, I think I will give Delphy's Download Organiser a try, I was alittle unsure as to how it would work, but think I have a better understanding now.
oliviantoinette

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 10:59:39 am »

i have a question, could anyone upload this onto inSIMenator? My computer doesnt like the rar downloads from mts. and it works on here... ;/
miros1

In Miros We Trust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2007, 02:08:58 pm »

Delphy would have to give permission for that, and I doubt he will.  

The two boards are built using different software packages, which is why RARs seem to work a little better here.  MTS2 is also having ongoing problems with their downloads.

On either board, your best approach is to right click on the link and chose Save As.

Rose/Miros
Webmaster of the Wooden Simolean
sweetpea4040

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 10:29:15 pm »

I have a question......I have the Delphy Download Organizer is there another organizer that scans the download folder and if so where can i download it from?  Ok I have another one for ya.....How do u inter a contest?

Life is too short just do IT!

BTY---If anyone needs a JUDGE Im there just PM ME.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: