Insimenator.org
March 28, 2024, 11:51:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fashion Model - Outerwear & Everyday  (Read 14489 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Morgaine

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 12:39:31 pm »

Thank you for the clothes, I love the bodyshape too!
Where is the hair from? It's very nice!

VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!
Cefwyn
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 09:37:14 am »

Nice job with the recolor. In case this hasn't been pointed out yet however the normal maps for the recolor of the punk outfit really should be modified. The effects of the normal map are not visible when bump mapping is disabled in game (which I think is default), but when it is enabled it really looks bad. Sorry about the poorly cut up images as I was trying to save space while still showing enough detail so you could see what I'm talking about.

Original normal map from your recolor:

Notice that the straps from the original outfit are just visible in the above picture. Depending on the direction of lighting this is very noticeable as it's part of the normal map.

Very quick fix by running a sobel filter over the texturemap to create a normal map:

In this picture I've run a sobel filter over the materialmap in The Gimp to produce a fairly decent normal map which even shows the detail of the sweater though perhaps a bit too defined. This of course can be modified pretty easily when running the filter.

For anyone who doesn't have normal mapping enabled in the game the recolor will look just fine, but as you can see the normal map needs to at least be grayed out with a single color so it will look okay for anyone else.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: