Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 09:46:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloads not showing up  (Read 3419 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jrdnsmom04

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2007, 11:07:41 am »

I have been playing sims 2 ever since it came out and have been downloading for just as long. Well I've been noticing that latley most of my downloads aren't showing up. The main ones are the walls and floors. I know I'm doing it right...is there anything that I could try to get this fixed?

Never knock on Death's door-Ring the bell and run like hell...He hates that!
darkener14

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 01:01:14 pm »

Sometimes they are binned in another type of wall or floor, but if they're not there, I would suggest clicking on the all (infinite) sign and see if they are located there.

Children on the streets using guns and knives,
Taking drugs and each other’s lives,
Killing each other using knives and forks,
And calling each other names like dork.
"Think About It" -- Flight of the Conchords
jrdnsmom04

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 05:30:24 pm »

Quote from: darkener14;681339
Sometimes they are binned in another type of wall or floor, but if they're not there, I would suggest clicking on the all (infinite) sign and see if they are located there.
Well I click the "all" button anyway. So does that mean that I need to click on all the walls and floors to find the wall or floor that I'm looking for?

Cera8505
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 11:14:44 am »

I've had the same problem before, and I am having it now. The thing for me that worked last time was downloading something from the official Sims website (like the xmas tree or whatever). Someone told me that those were coded differently and would create the "proper" download folder. It worked for me that time, maybe give it a try Smiley I know how frusturating it is to have some but not all (or none at all!) show up. Good luck.
jrdnsmom04

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 02:25:21 pm »

Quote from: Cera8505;684574
I've had the same problem before, and I am having it now. The thing for me that worked last time was downloading something from the official Sims website (like the xmas tree or whatever). Someone told me that those were coded differently and would create the "proper" download folder. It worked for me that time, maybe give it a try Smiley I know how frusturating it is to have some but not all (or none at all!) show up. Good luck.
Well i had downloaded something from there a lil bit ago but it was b4 i downloaded the walls and stuff. but ill go back and dowload something else; maybe that'll help. but ill let y'all know!

SkeleBear

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 03:56:21 pm »

I have a couple of suggestions that may or may not help, but I'll pass them along anyways.

First, I would suggest making sure that you have the most recent CEP (Colour Enabler Package), which can be found HERE.

Also, you should check to make sure that you have the necessary EP's/SP's that the creator is using. If the creator cloned a wall from Seasons to make their custom content and you don't have Seasons, the custom wall may not show up (which is why it's always advisable to use base game walls and floors when recolouring them for custom content).

jrdnsmom04

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 02:22:07 pm »

Quote from: Cocytus;688619
I have a couple of suggestions that may or may not help, but I'll pass them along anyways.

First, I would suggest making sure that you have the most recent CEP (Colour Enabler Package), which can be found HERE.

Also, you should check to make sure that you have the necessary EP's/SP's that the creator is using. If the creator cloned a wall from Seasons to make their custom content and you don't have Seasons, the custom wall may not show up (which is why it's always advisable to use base game walls and floors when recolouring them for custom content).
Well I have all EPs and all SPs and I downloaded the most recent CEP and still nothing. I have also gone through all the walls and floors and I still cant find them....GRRR this is so frustrating. Any other ideas?

Sims2lovr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 07:11:19 pm »

I am having the same problem except for that it is my CAS and collection folder downloads that aren't appearing! I have tried everything I can think of. It was working when I got seasons and then I had to reinstall it because my brand new computer (which is PC and I'm deffinately going back to a mac with intel because of all the probs ive had with it! I got it before mac intel and I wanted the sims expansions when the PC people go it . lol) was crashing every 15mins. That was when they stopped showing. I reinstalled again and it still isn't showing! Don't know if this is a bit different but I know how frustrating everyone is who are having these problems! If some one figures it out I will be VERY grateful! Smiley
Thanx.
jrdnsmom04

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 10:15:34 am »

Quote from: Sims2lovr;693440
I am having the same problem except for that it is my CAS and collection folder downloads that aren't appearing! I have tried everything I can think of. It was working when I got seasons and then I had to reinstall it because my brand new computer (which is PC and I'm deffinately going back to a mac with intel because of all the probs ive had with it! I got it before mac intel and I wanted the sims expansions when the PC people go it . lol) was crashing every 15mins. That was when they stopped showing. I reinstalled again and it still isn't showing! Don't know if this is a bit different but I know how frustrating everyone is who are having these problems! If some one figures it out I will be VERY grateful! Smiley
Thanx.
Yes its very frustrating. ive even made sure that the downloads folder was spelt properly and everything...GRRR i wanna pull my hair out! I just reformatted my comp the other day and FINALLY got all the sims back on it....maybe that'll help! My hubby is obsessed w/ w.o.w (word of warcraft) man now i know wut he went thru when i was playen sims all the time. but now i cant get him off for the world...its like i have to throw a bone and tell him to fetch and then me sneak on. But ill let y'all know if it worked or not

DiamonteGirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 11:23:59 pm »

This is sort of off-topic but in the ea games folder, downloads (as a folder under sims 2) wont show up... is it because I have downloaded hair colours in the past??? HELP!!

megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 01:05:10 pm »

Quote from: jrdnsmom04;681201
I have been playing sims 2 ever since it came out and have been downloading for just as long. Well I've been noticing that latley most of my downloads aren't showing up. The main ones are the walls and floors. I know I'm doing it right...is there anything that I could try to get this fixed?

Here's a question- Are you using Clean Installer to install your downloaded walls and floors? Or are you just putting the sims2 packs in your downloads folder?  Look at the file types for your walls/floors- what are they?  they should be package files (.package)

Quote from: Sims2lovr;693440
Thanx.

When you reinstalled Seasons did you make sure to enable custom content and then quit and restart the game?  Custom Content is not automatically enabled after you install/re-install an expansion pack.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 10:46:55 pm by megativity13 » Logged

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: