Insimenator.org
April 19, 2024, 11:01:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What graphic card...  (Read 1121 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Rue

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2007, 09:24:53 pm »

My graphic while playing sims sometimes totally freezes, I get occasional black neighbourhood etc and the PC likes to reboot while looming in the neighbourhood screen. The constant freezing and glitching (for example when you click on a sim to tell them to do an action, the sims head that appears then stays on the screen, or the mind bubbles stay on the screen, or you can see buildmode underneath normal mode etc) is annoying and doesnt allow me to take part in contests either... Anyway Ive had this for over a year and tried everything...except for buying a new graphic card, because it was new. The whole pc was new.

Finally, I discovered that certain people apparently have the same problems because of this: it seems that it is not allright to have GeForce 6600 in combination with Athlon processor, they are (somehow?!) not compatible. Now I wonder why the people who put the pc together did it, but anyway. If I want to get rid of this, I WILL have to buy a new graphic card.

And my question is this: which card should I buy that would 1) be compatible and run smoothly with the processor 2) be better (cause I naturally don´t want to switch for lower graphics), 3)be the best for playing sims alltogether, all my other programs work smoothly already.

Read my story:
Awakening
Thiede won the spot of bassist in: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=27739 WHITE CLAUDIA
DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 12:27:34 am »

Quote from: Rue
And my question is this: which card should I buy that would 1) be compatible and run smoothly with the processor 2) be better (cause I naturally don´t want to switch for lower graphics), 3)be the best for playing sims alltogether, all my other programs work smoothly already.

Taken from this thread.

Quote from: Beosboxboy

Over at GSC Simbilly offered this advice and I really can't disagree with it, so I am quoting it here:

Originally Posted by simbilly305, Jan 27 2007, 04:02 PM', GSC2
< snip >

Your best bet right now would probably be to hold off a bit until the lower priced (nVidia) 8800 Series cards become available some time in Feb or March

< snip >

The next batch of mainstream (nVidia) 8800 Series cards will blow the (nVidia) 7950 card away and will probably end up costing about the same.

He works for a major computer parts distributer, so I really believe his judgement and advice on technology hardware is impeccable

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: