Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 06:38:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't Fish  (Read 5062 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
LittleRed

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2007, 12:20:04 am »

:howdy: I downloaded something within this past month....I have no idea what it is....:tard:

BUT before I try to go through my whole downloads folder and test things one by one....I was hoping someone might know what it is or had the same problem so I can narrow it down.:goofy:

I can no longer fish - make snow angels - the ground is no longer clickable (no - run or go here options or star gaze).

Does anyone know what might be causing it???:sad5:
boeketjebloemen

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 12:24:57 am »

Do you have the latest version of the Insim? Because the Insim caused similar problems like the ones you are describing. Try downloading the latest version. If that doesn't help, you've got another download that's causing the problem.

:bunny:Climbing up from Moo-Bunny status:bunny:
SweetCat

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 12:25:15 am »

Sounds like you are using an old version of insim. Check that Smiley.

SweetCat *meow*
LittleRed

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 12:27:06 am »

Okay - let me double check - and THANKS!!!!  

I hope that is what the problem is (crossing fingers and toes) Smiley

This is the one I have..... InSIMenator (UV) v2.6 SIM Edition.package

***::smilieiforgetwhi::
Okay, I deleted the InSIMenator (UV) v2.6 SIM Edition.package I had - and re-downloaded it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 12:43:38 am by LittleRed » Logged
LittleRed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 01:57:03 am »

Okay,

I just ran Sims2pack clean installer....and sure enough...there was still an older version of inSim still in my folder (start/search didn't find it)...So, this could be the problem - two different versions fighting each other!

Thank goodness for the Sims2pack clean installer - I would have never seen it!

Thanks all for you help - this should fix it!
:-P Cheesy :worship:
LittleRed

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 01:10:45 pm »

Me again:tard:

Okay, half way there....after fixing the above....I can now fish.:pickleride:

:cry: ......but still no go here/run here/snow angels/catch butterflies/fireflies or click the pool water.  

Strange....but true. :brain:    I spent all last night and this morning cleaning out 32,000+ download files...

I'm stumped....:smt119

I guess I can live without those things... :coffee:
But still, if anyone else has any suggestions....please let me know :toothy5:

Perhaps I need to build a new house/neighborhood...:dark1:
oniongirl999

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 09:09:08 pm »

I don't know if this will help but I noticed that when I placed the buyable "summoner" carboard box on the lot (either from the Insiminator package or Simslice) I could not click the ground to teleport/stalk/fly/sneak here I could only "go", "skip" or "run".  Once I deleted it from the lot (not the downloads folder), all was right again.  During this time I didn't try fishing or making snow angels so I do not know if they were effected.
auntiejokisses

may angels watch over you

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 09:29:06 pm »

i would like to add 2 questions here.. 1. how do you catch fire flys?/butterflys
2.what if you have an up to date InSIMenator for seasons but it's causing problems? and the only hack that you use alot

together we rock. reach for the star. Sorry, Jo, pic too big and twinkly, please find something smaller. The Management
PrincessJen

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 07:49:32 am »

Have you tried the sims 2 hack conflict detection utility? to check for a possible mod conflict.

And to catch butterflies and Fireflies, just put the cursor on them and click "catch".

Don't ask for updates, when Squinge updates them, you will find them here > Squinges Mods Rock!
LittleRed

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 08:17:35 am »

Yes, I did run the Sims 2 Hack Conflict - and a few possible conflicts showed up - So, I moved them out of my downloads file and tried again and still no change.  There has to be conflict somewhere...I'll admit I have many hacks...but I only started having problems w/Seasons.  I have all the updates for hacks too....

So far, I've been just living w/the small issues...when I have time - I'm going to remove all hacks - then one by one add them back into the game - play, and see when the problem arrises.  

:brain: It's the only thing I can think of to do. :smt120 :?

As mentioned above....does anyone else have problems when placing InSIM objects on the ground?  I have my objects inside and outside - I didn't know if that makes a difference or not?? :hiding:
auntiejokisses

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 03:11:14 pm »

no i haven't tryed the  sims 2 hack conflict detection utility? which one do i get so i can do this..
i did move my mouse arrow over to the butterflys. nothing.

together we rock. reach for the star. Sorry, Jo, pic too big and twinkly, please find something smaller. The Management
LittleRed

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 06:07:36 pm »

Just a note....adult sims cannot catch fire flies and butterflies...only young child sims.  Sad

As far as the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility- There should be only one listed under the Sims2 section at that site (just click the blue underlined link PrincessJen typed) :happy8:
auntiejokisses

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 08:32:21 am »

i did download that and ran it. it also told me that i couldn't finish running it cause i have stuff on my computer too old. and lastly my computer is old. it's a 2003.

Wednesday17

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 01:48:48 pm »

Quote from: LittleRed;710838
Just a note....adult sims cannot catch fire flies and butterflies...only young child sims.  Sad

That is not true. If that is the case for you, it's another of your specific problems.

May I give you a little tip for the cleaning/searching procedure?
I hope you have the hacks in a seperate folder, or else this is kinda pointless: I'd first remove the whole hacks folder and try if everything works as it should. If that's the case, I'd split the folder in half, put one half in... you see where I'm going with this? You can keep splitting, instead of testing them one by one, which is REALLY time consuming.

And... 32,000 downloads? Whoa, I thought I am too greedy for not managing to keep the number under 5,000! Currently it's about 6,700 in 130 sub-folders... and I just don't have sub-subfolders, because clean installer can't work with them...
PrincessJen

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 09:46:34 am »

Quote from: LittleRed;710838
Just a note....adult sims cannot catch fire flies and butterflies...only young child sims. Sad

Actually Adults can catch Fireflies, I have no idea about butterflies though, I haven't tried. Hmm She may have been a teen when she caught them, have to back in game and check.

Don't ask for updates, when Squinge updates them, you will find them here > Squinges Mods Rock!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: