Insimenator.org
April 30, 2024, 02:56:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Off colored scalp when using black binned hair  (Read 2036 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
jwilson5
Site Santa!

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2007, 05:39:43 pm »

This problem was just noticed recently by me and I spend alot of time in bodyshop. All the "color-binned" black hair (custom and maxis originals) have off-colored scalps
http://www.insimenator.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=68686&stc=1&d=1176935409hairs,

This scalp color does not match any of the maxis skins, see here
http://www.insimenator.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=68686&stc=1&d=1176935409

Nor does it change or go away with different custom or maxis skintones. Thsi is restrict to only black binned hairs. The brown, red and blonde work fine as do all the customs not color binned,
http://www.insimenator.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=68687&stc=1&d=1176935630

I removed my custom defaults but the maxis defaults had same problem. The only thing I have done recently is remove GunMod camera text files and put the maxis ones back. Also I downloaded the new Mustang from sims2.

*attached image removed*

I checked in game in CAS and this problem does not exist there just in bodyshop. The only thing I noticed was how badly some of louis' scalp match to the skin at the back of the neck. I really gotta work on that problem.

Any ideas are more than welcome and very much appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:02:47 pm by caffeinated.joy » Logged

"Pure art is not about the creator, its about the creation"
FeistyRedhead

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 11:00:12 pm »

I get that too except the off color is light as most of my sims are darker.

Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 12:48:17 pm »

It's a possibility that it's a custom hair mesh that's causing that.  I had something similar happen to all of my female hairs about a month or two ago, (scalps turned to "hair" instead of the correct matching scalp skin) and it was the end result of having a badly made hair mesh in my downloads folder.  *coughchazcough*... *ahem*  Cheesy

It may take a few tries, but try going through all of your custom hair in the black bin and removing some that you think may be causing the problem until you find it.  Wink

BeosBoxBoy
Silent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 01:05:17 pm »

Body Shop's CAS has demonstrated this error since Seasons, I am not sure what the problem is.  I have noticed that the error is not present when you view the sim in the in-game Create A Family or Create a Student.

"There is a certain elegance in wasting time. Any fool can waste money, but when you waste time you waste what is priceless."
-- Maugham, W. Somerset. Ashenden: Or the British Agent.
Tenshii~Akari
(~TA12~)
Super Mod

(~* Go Pink: Find the Cure *~)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 03:09:08 am »

Well, there's no way of knowing for sure which one is causing it... that's the problem.  :?

I'd say start off with any recently added hairs since it just occurred for you, but it's mainly through trial and error.  Whenever your scalps go back to normal in that hair bin is when you know that the problem hair is out of there.  You'd still have to go in your downloads folder later and find the mesh for that hair and get rid of it since it'd be useless afterwards, but as long as its recolors are out of the game, it shouldn't cause much more annoyance other than wasted space.  

I'd also suggest to make note of the hair you delete during the "witch hunt" that wasn't the cause of the problem, so you can find it and re-download it if it was an innocent file.  Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: