Insimenator.org
April 16, 2024, 04:57:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is an OFF File ? Oh and HELP!!!! lol  (Read 3119 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
taniaissimo

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2007, 01:40:48 am »

Hey peeps, sorry to bug you but well gave in and need help :tard:
I have developed this problem since yesterday morning and now I give up I done all I thought of and then I noticed something..   I went to the sims2 exchange, I know my first mistake... but anyways, I downloaded a couple of houses which was fine, installed them using the clean pack installer thingy, some red things came up in some of the stuff so as the norm I deleted them and then carried on to install.. possibly my second mistake... anyways I went off to play the game kept crashing on the loading screen of the game it wouldnt even get to the neighbourhood screen, so I take out the downloads goes back in fine, so then I finds all the files downloaded since it crashed and slowly put them in a few at a time.. gets into the game great it working but everytime i try to load a family new or old since downloading, nothing it jus continuosly jus loads and loads and loads and loads the family... but then this morning I had another look.. and noticed all the files downloaded yesterday are called OFF Files ? and all the rest got the lil sim logo thing on them (downloaded files before yesterday).. so wot u rekon jus get rid of the OFF Files ? as I aint seem them before so I assume they aint meant for the game ?

ANyways any help greatly recieved.. some of u I bet think jus deleted the files from yesterday it jus well I hoped to save some CC lol.

:brain:
barrydaddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 01:49:58 am »

the off file means clean installer has switched the file off so its not in use, because you told it you did not want the custom content, it just changes the file name from package which works to off which is not recognised by the game therefore it is not in use, hope that helped you, Barry.
taniaissimo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 02:00:31 am »

Thanx for that, but that wouldnt stop the familes from loading to play tho would it ?
I feel dumb on the OFF bit now.. but I didnt turn them all off jus some light pink ones til i tested them,. so still HELP lol.

barrydaddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 02:12:37 am »

yes if there was something in there that was needed which was switched off it could yes, if you knew which one it was you could switch back on either by using clean inastaller, or giving it back the .package extension, Barry.
taniaissimo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 02:15:05 am »

Hmmm I shall go off and put yes to all the off stuff and give it another bash, thanx for the help I shall let you know the outcome.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 02:15:26 am by taniaissimo » Logged

barrydaddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 02:32:19 am »

all you have to do is keep the red ones switched off but all others on and try that if it needs some meshes or something and you have switched it off it cannot put them on, this one reason why i build my own home and familys, and i know there is no custom content, Barry.
taniaissimo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 02:34:39 am »

Ok I put them back on and it went back to not loadong the game again not even to the neighbourhoods.. So I think I will end up deleteing them coz well it has become annoying now and I dont think I am gonna fix the issue any other way.

But if anyone got tips let me know for future use :lol:

barrydaddy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 02:39:55 am »

sorry that i cannot be of anymore help, Barry.
taniaissimo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 03:00:33 am »

Thanx Barry for the help u have already given much appreciated.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: