Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 12:08:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two-toned skins  (Read 2490 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Carida

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2007, 09:00:00 am »

Greetings all!

Sadly I have a problem, I downloaded some lovely default replacement skintones for my sims, but the problem is, that they are coming out two toned. What I mean is, that the sims face is the orginial Maxis skin tone and the rest of them is the default skintone that I used to replace them.

Anyone have a clue what I did wrong?

Thanks.

-C

Smiley

Edit: I put this here, because I have seasons and I thought it might have something to do with it.. and I wasn't sure where to put it otherwise...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 06:54:26 pm by Carida » Logged
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 05:12:16 pm »

I've had this happen, and what caused it for me was the fact I had two different sets of default replacements without realizing it.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
dorkapalooza

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 02:21:19 am »

I must have moved an old default or downloaded one in a pack from somewhere when I was being lazy and not checking.  Anyhoo, I have two atrocious default skins that I cant get rid of. One has a mismatched head, the other looks like barf with eyeballs.  I have tried to identify it by date, i am not too handy at this stuff.  Any help would be great.  Sorry for your trouble in advance.

Remember the famous words of Jedi Master Dennis the Menace... "Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.":swst: [/COLOR]

Have A Great Day-  Sara  [/FONT]
Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 08:19:45 pm »

dorkapalooza,

Have you tried using Clean Installer or Delphy's Download Organizer to find them?

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
dorkapalooza

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 02:45:31 am »

I found the pile~o~shite hiding.  Thanks for the tips, I tried both then just went back to the other site where the monster sprang from.  Holy Snikes it was awful, it looked like a porcelain (sp?) doll without eyes.  I was totally scared it wpuld infect my neighborhood and it did, all the nps and such were freaks!  Argh.  I wish I had taken a picture. All better now.  Thanks

Remember the famous words of Jedi Master Dennis the Menace... "Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.":swst: [/COLOR]

Carida

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 08:30:55 am »

Oh, I was afraid no one was going to answer. And I did figure out that I had downloaded two defaults by accident, so then I deleted the second default that I downloaded, (though it was the one I prefered and it was sooooo beautiful) but its still happening!!

Any suggestions?

At this point I don't even use the default skins because of this.. and all my other sims are all weird looking. Bah.. the ones that have the defaults that is.
dorkapalooza

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 01:08:44 pm »

Hi Carida, it took me three times, I had to take out all defaults and then go back and get my favs again.

Carida

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 10:40:47 pm »

:-P That's what I had to do. Thank you both for your help!

Now I have to find my pretty defaults again.. ugh. :smt120

I download too many things...:chainsaw:

Thanks again! :-P

-C
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: