Insimenator.org
April 28, 2024, 08:59:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Packaged Lot Size  (Read 2165 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
warhawke

No Longer Ever Watchful...

View Profile WWW
« on: April 19, 2007, 11:43:37 pm »

I'm thinking about uploading a lot of 3x3, but when I packaged it (semi furnished with CCs) the sims2pack is 16MB. I've looked around and see some really huge and fully furnished house size is only about 7MB.

What make the size of a packaged lot huge? and how do I mimize the size? :scratch:

I long to be like you, Lie cold in ground like you
There's room inside for two
I'm not grieving for you, I'm coming for you

Warhawke Studios
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 11:46:20 pm »

It can all depend on the cc you have the house. Some of it can be fairly large and increase the file size.

Everybody should believe something.
I believe I'll have more coffee.
warhawke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 01:17:16 am »

and if I fully furnished it with Maxis contents, will it be smaller, or does that depends on the types of furnitures also?

Warhawke Studios
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 10:23:57 am »

It can. It's all about the complexity of the mesh, poly count and other technical things...all of these lend to the overall file size of the object in question. Maxis stuff tends to have lower polycounts than a lot of custom content, if I'm not mistaken, but again, that can vary from object to object.

megativity13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 12:58:24 pm »

if I recall correctly, when you furnish/package a house with all maxi's objects, those objects are not actually included in the package (as they are already in every game)- just the basic footprint/info of what goes where.  The only thing that gets included is the with the lotSegmentForUpload is custom content.

If you look at your packaged lot with clean installer, you'll find that not only does it include the custom content that you intended, but almost every recolor of that item that you have in your game becomes attached (unless it's a maxi's recolor) to the package, even if you didn't use those recolors in your decorating/building.

My suggestion would to be to look at the package with clean installer, deselect all of the unused recolors and re-save the package.  I *think* you'll have to save it with a different name or at a different location than the original (or you'll end up with an empty/otherwise borked package).

feed the hungry while testing your vocabulary
warhawke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 08:18:57 pm »

if I recall correctly, when you furnish/package a house with all maxi's objects, those objects are not actually included in the package (as they are already in every game)- just the basic footprint/info of what goes where. The only thing that gets included is the with the lotSegmentForUpload is custom content.

That's what I was hoping too.

But I hate Maxis contents (Cheesy ) so I'm just gonna upload an unfurnished house. It's all or nothing and since all would be 34MB, so I have to go with nothing :toothy5:

Thanks you guys.

Warhawke Studios
caffeinated.joy
Queen of Caffeine
Admin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 09:21:00 pm »

Or, as an alternative, you could take a picture of the furnished house and provide links to where people can get everything, if they're so inclined Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: