Insimenator.org
April 23, 2024, 08:28:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Water in hottub/fountains?  (Read 2712 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
skeletonkiss

View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2007, 02:26:34 pm »

Without biting my head off since I'm sure this is addressed elsewhere and I just cannot find it, can anyone explain to me why suddenly the water in my hottubs is flashing red and black? It never used to. I recently installed both Uni and NL and I'm assuming one of those did it...Although, ironically, Uni made the pond water stop flashing red, so why is the hottub and the fountain water now flashing?

Argh. My sims want hottubs and I cannot stand looking at them! lol

johndian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 03:26:21 pm »

A sign of the coming Apocalypse?. Not really . I had a similar prob , turned out i had a bad water hack. I know that seems simple, but did you download any kind of hack or plumbing fixture before this started happening?

And Remember:
Nothing says I love you like a restraning order....

John
skeletonkiss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 03:28:54 pm »

Not that I know of, but I'm gonna go through my hacks again just in case.

Jenna
Queen of Spamming
Admin

Who farted?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 05:05:19 pm »

Quote from: skeletonkiss
Without biting my head off...

Aww, and here I was ready to pretend I was Ozzy Osbourne. *sighs*

Stupid humor aside, red water is usually a sign that you need to update your video card drivers. There also seems to be problems with red water in relation to certain ATI cards. Here's another thread about the issue.

Of course, it could be a sign that you need to stop chucking so many bodies into the water too.

Quote from: Engram
Jenna and I make cute babbiez! LOL
Quote from: Isadora
Great, another night of chicken chair typing.
skeletonkiss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 08:45:08 pm »

Sadly, my graphics card is onboard and up to date. There's no more drivers being made for it.

The pool and pond water both work, it's just the hottub and the fountains. Unfortunately I'm not sure when this happened exactly, since I hadn't USED a hottub for awhile. lol

DecoraChroi
Frigid Witch
Super Mod

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 11:41:56 pm »

Skeletonkiss, what type of video card do you have if not an ATI?

"The power to question is the basis of all human progress."
skeletonkiss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 11:46:24 pm »

Quote from: DecoraChroi;692044
Skeletonkiss, what type of video card do you have if not an ATI?

I don't have one, it's just the standard onboard graphics my comp came with.
Normally I'd just chock it up to being an incompatibility with my graphics, but the hottubs USED to work. And the pools, ponds and such still show, and there's fish in the fishtank and whatnot. So the hottubs and fountains not showing the water makes no sense to me.

I've checked my hacks and none of them SHOULD be the cause. I think it's something that happened after I installed NL or something...

skeletonkiss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 03:30:54 pm »

Well, after agonizing over it for hours and trying all sorts of things, I accidentally discovered the cuprit; when I switch the lighting from low to either med or high, the water goes flashy. This is ALL the water, sink, hottub, etc.

It's absolutely not a hack, download, or anything else. I've tested this extensively.

Could this be from Gunmod's Radiance lighting? Or is it just my computer's craptacular onboard graphics not wanting to deal with the water?

ancienthighway

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 05:15:27 pm »

It could be either.  Disable Gunmod's lighting mod and see if the flashing water goes away.  If not, then your onboard graphics in the problem.
Ellen Prochaska

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 08:19:30 pm »

I am by far NOT an expert but my game would do that and many other strange pixeleted things even though my video card was updated (and its only a month old), well then I figured out that my game was eating up almost all of my ram (I have boat loads of CC).  So I doubled my ram, with my machine it was only $80.  Now my game works fine and is a ton faster.  Maybe that will help?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: