Insimenator.org
April 29, 2024, 03:22:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Forum   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SoS :(  (Read 2315 times)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic.
Furious

View Profile WWW
« on: April 21, 2007, 12:06:26 pm »

I've asked this from many other forums, but nobody has given me the right answer.. unfortunately. Sad
But I do hope that you can help me.
So, the items (as furniture) that i've downloaded, i've replaced them to the downloads folder and they do have appeared in the game, but the make-up, hairstyles, clothes aso doesn't appear. I've read somewhere that those should be saved in the GameData\Skins folder, but i don't have it. Sad
Thank you for the help. :]
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 12:27:51 pm »

Usually, the items downloaded for those types of custom content are packaged differently than furniture and they have to be installed differently.  Have you tried double clicking your mouse on one of the packets after you unzip/unrar it?  This should automatically bring up the bodyshop installer and the items would then be installed into the downloads folders automatically by the computer.  

If I misunderstood and this is not what is happening, please let us know and we will try something else.  Smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
Rogue777

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 12:29:24 pm »

I have my makeup, hairstyles and clothes in the Downloads folder and they work just fine. I don't know why yours wouldn't if your furniture is working okay.

Do you have Numenor's Colour Enabling hack?
Furious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 12:54:15 pm »

Okay I'll try it, but where exactly are the things I can download. (I'm quite new here.)

Umm, yes I do have the hack. =)
Auronette

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 01:25:46 pm »

I'm not sure what game eps you have and what you're overall set up is so I'll give you a link to a guide about downloading.  It'll give you lots of general information you'll need to know in order to get things moving in the right direction.

Game Help:   Downloading for Fracking Idiots  Excuse the name of the tutorial... *doesn't know why they chose that title* But it's a good tutorial to start with. Smiley  I should note that a lot of the pictures that they use are from their site and not this one, but the overall gist of what they're telling you is what we're after.

If you hit the "forum" button at the top of this page, it will reset your forums listing and if you scroll down on the reset page, you will notice the words "community downloads" as a section.  Pretty much everything beyond that point is downloadable.  You'll just need to open some of the pages and see what they're offering and if it will be compatible with your expansion packs.  

Have fun around here and let us know if you need more help.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 01:31:15 pm by Auronette » Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I'd love to share what I've done at other sites. Please don't take it for granted, if you would like to upload my items to other sites, ask me. It may take a little while to get back to you, but you've got a 99.999% chance I'll do i
amc462000
Site Santa!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 05:59:47 pm »

sometimes you have to save the body shop items in the Saved Sims folder and also not in a sub-folder. I have to do that get them all to show up.
Furious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 03:52:40 am »

Thanks, I'll definetly try it . Smiley
Furious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 04:01:32 am »

Thank you so much, amc462000.
I finally got these things appear in the game. Smiley
;*
Pages: [1]
  Print